Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured that I would put the pics up here for Carlos.  This was actually a long story.  While towing the truck back home the truck came off the dolly.  It was a long, long day then.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what we had to start with. It wasn't in the best of shape. The previous owner had bought it for a parts truck for his RC. The 360 in it is locked up and the interior was pretty bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the front drop hanger on the rear springs. I figured that I would use the ones from the parts truck and just make some bigger stronger ones for my truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the rear flip hanger with the extended shackle. I put a spring pack together with stock dodge springs and 72 chevy 1 ton springs. The chevy springs lifted the stock spring pack and gave about 3 inches of lift out of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked Carlos into pulling the rearend out of his truck one day and we used 2 of my grinders to strip the whole thing down to bare steel. We primed it and painted the axle and drums. The axle is black and the drums and diff cover are grabber green.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The front suspension is a little different. I built a front drop hanger to lower the mounting hole down 4 inches below stock and extended shackles. The springs are some old tough country 4 inch dodge springs that drew donated and I fixed for carlos.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the finished pic of the overall lift. We expected to get about 8 inches of lift, but with the springs and drop hangers we got just a bit over 9.5 inches of lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now it's time for motor work. The 360 in it is locked up so I pulled it out to drop in a running 318 that we had.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While I had the motor out I towed it down to a car wash and spent some money on cleaning up the engine bay. I stripped it all down and sanded it real good then sprayed some flat semi gloss black paint on the frame and fire wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carlos and I spent some money cleaning all the grease off the 318 and prepping it to drop in. I put all new seals in, freeze plugs and a new vacuum tree. We dropped it in one day and hopefully I'll have it running soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's an overall pic so far. It looks much better than before and you can see how much taller it got.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
i like the green suspension and engine room accents. they look good. lots of lift there, and u still havent put bigger tires. keep up the goood work

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We got the 2 inch body lift and new polyeurathane body mounts put on yesterday. I think it will definitely clear 38s now.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wish I had ordered black body mounts instead of red.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know it's listing over to the driver's side, but that's because I have a flat tire over there. Now that I got the body lift on I can get started on the bumpers.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Looks good!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.