Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hanging around for a while now and thought I'd post some pics in one spot.

This is what the rig looked like a couple of days after we bought it. When we got it it had a 360, 727, 208 and stock CAD44 and 9.25 with 4" lift (rear blocks) and 36" swampers. Both axles were open and I don't even know what ratio they were.

Some of the early mods included:
1. New (JY) column to fix the floppy tilt steering
2. Fixed the passenger electric motor to the window (PITA)
3. New seats since I found some cushy ones in the JY
4. Eliminated smog and installed dual exhaust
5. Swapped out 208 with another 208 so it would stay in 4 lo.
6. Replaced rear stacked blocks with Rouogh Country springs.

Here is a pic of the rear bumper that my father in law and I built:

Next big item was swapping in a non CAD 8 bolt dana 44 and dana 60 rear with 4.10. I went through the 44 and replaced everything at the outers and cleaned and painted both axles.

Not long after swapping in the 44 and 60 I came across an 88 w250 with F&R 60's and am in the process of rebuilding the front 60 to swap in with a 14 bolt that I have with 4.56's and a Detroit. I will post up some progress pics of that during the regear / rebuild.

I installed a pontiac HEI unit and foiund out that they spin backwards, so I replaced that unit with a buick and finally have it running again. To see the HEI install click here

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got a hold of some 38's so I decided to do some fender trimming and mounted them up on some skinny rims.

The rims lack some backspacing, when I turn to full lock to the right the tire rubs the drag link end. Soon I will be doing crossover and that should go away. My daughter helped me sell the 36's

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I got my Borgeson shaft installed and got started on the Mega Truck Shifter:

Here is a shot of the gauge pod that I installed in the dash. Some time when I have nothing else to do, I am going to build my own dash.

·
Registered
416 Posts
nice

·
Registered
511 Posts
good idea with the dozer to pull you out!  looks nice i really like it.  How wide are the 38s?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Petey said:
good idea with the dozer to pull you out! looks nice i really like it. How wide are the 38s?
The dozer was there becasue that was a mud pit competition, but it rained and for some reason no one showed up and they let us play in the pit for a while. Usually its alot thicker and around 30 trucks in three different tire size classes. Here is my buddies wife playing on the same day:

P.S. The 38's are 13" narrow.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
The location of the guages is interesting, I am considering that now.

Everything looks good!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unclebull said:
The location of the guages is interesting, I am considering that now.

Everything looks good!
I took the dash panel out and cut the pocket off. Then just screwed the bezel to the dash panel along with some glue. The bad thing is that you can't remove the dash panel without disconnecting the gauges.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
great rig! love the bog pics. can't believe no one showed up  ???

·
Registered
697 Posts
I like the tall narrow tire look! 

I bought a set of 39 inch ground hawgs at the nats ten years ago that were on 5 inch chevy wheels just to show they would hold air.

If they had been mopar pattern I mighta run em!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The narrow of the tires makes it easier to fit under the RC with a 4" lift, but I could use some less backspacing so the front drivers didn't rub the draglink.  I'm hoping that crossover takes care of it. {noclue}

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have my guages in the same spot ;D  Nice RC ;D

1 - 20 of 206 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.