Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my RC ready for EJS. I'm leaving on the 18th, just under 2 weeks from now.

The progress still to be done:
The rubber is shot in my harmonic balancer so the outer ring had slid back and was rubbing the front of the oil pan flange. I bought a used one from a RCC member (GLR) and recieved it yesterday, it looks sweet. Need to install it still. I think I'll pick up some new belts and a front seal while I'm at it.

I also plan to get a front roll cage in the RC. My plan is to use the factory roll bar for part of it, and just weld the new sections to it. I've got a buddy that will bend the pieces for me. We took some measurements, I drew up some prints, and he bent up the test piece for me yesterday. I had to modify it a bit, but it fits great. He should be able to bend up the real peices and we'll finish it in the next week, I hope.

I've ordered some poly drag seats from Summit Racing, should be here about the time the cage is done. Then I need to add all of the straight peices to the cage, and mount the seats to it.

There are a few other minor things, but thats it! 8)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Congratulations on the work well done. So what style of balancer did you get? The square looking kind like I got, or the roundish kind that you see more often? Just curious. I've been pretty busy myself this weekend. I changed over the door locks on the truck on Saturday (so that they match the ignition switch), I dropped the K-member out of the Lebaron and rewelded the broken transmission stabilizer bracket (neighbor a few doors down lent me his Mig welder), and I picked up the new rebuild kit for the BB 727 auto tranny. Working on the LeBaron this weekend has reaffirmed my conviction that air tools ROCK!!! They saved me probably 1 1/2 hrs. of work. ;D

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TheBigSgt said:
I'm leaving on Wed morning early if you want to join the convey! Call me. :eek:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm convoying down with Jeremiah and one of his friends Friday morning.

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the cage done today and the Summit seats mounted. It took longer than I expected it too, but its done and looks good. I'm too lazy to paint it today though. I got it loaded back on the trailer. Monday or Tuesday I'm taking it to someone who's a better welder than I to get the rear Dana 60 spiders welded. ;D Wish I had a digi cam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts