Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Mancini racing distributor made by Proform for Small Block Chrysler. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. They claim it has a Performance advance it. Well it just has the stock Chrysler springs in it. It has a built in 25 degrees mechanical advance and about 20 degrees vacuum advance. The worse thing about the distributor is that the slotted rotor part that controls the weights and that the reluctor slide onto is not machined correctly. The slot that the roll pin goes into to that holds the reluctor in place is not machined in the right spot. Therefore allowing the rotor to be in between cylinders when it fires. I switched reluctor to the other slot and that just made it worse. In the vehicle it has a noticable misfire. I'm going to email Proform soon and see if they will correct the problem. I recommend saving the bucks up for the Mopar Performance distributor

·
Registered
810 Posts
Where was it made? I tend to think of the Proform stuff as being cheap import crap.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure where thier made at. Not sure if it even said anywhere.

I still haven't done anything to fix this distributor either. Someday i'll put it on a mill and cut a new groove to make it right.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Any updates on the problem? I thought about buying this dist., but now I don't know....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.