Dodge RamCharger Central banner
501 - 520 of 539 Posts

· Registered
2,985 Posts
l,m here , but having a hard time
That's to be expected Dean. It's going to hurt for a long time. Take time to grieve. Have a lot of good cry's over her. It's how we get thru these times.You will love her for eternity and the memories will last forever. Move on with your life when you are ready and thank you for always being here for your friends as well.

· Registered
32,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
l,m trying my best to keep my mind off it , but more news , since suzies MOM died 2 weeks ago and the Bro inlaw is laid up after the stage 3 cancer surgery , the "family" decided to wait and see if the bro inlaw makes it till spring and do both funerals together with the burial in the family plot , l haft go to the NH first thing and finalize the death certificate , then bring the paper work to the FH so they can finalize it and "officially" announce it in the paper

Note / l never knew this but you can't tell anybody that somebody else is dead until it's "official"

· Registered
2,844 Posts
Yes, I had to wait about 2 months for my mom's DC before I could proceed on anything involving her assets/estate......except making the payments. You don't to prove a damn thing when it comes to someone taking money from you. They couldn't care less, dead or alive, who the payment is coming from.

Bucky

· Registered
954 Posts
Yeah just dealt with this with my grandma as well. It's a crooked system of lawyers and laws where the government gets their piece. Thoughts and prayers are with you still Dean.

Neil

Reactions: DODGEBOYS

· Registered
32,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
l only found out because l posted Suzies Obit on FB [ fastest way to inform distant family members ] and some "fact checker' checked it and then deleted it

· Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,634 Posts
Especially me. Do you have any idea what it's like being paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair in a world that doesn't care? Yeah, give Dean and I some humor, we could use it.

· Premium Member
3,954 Posts
I just discovered this thread. I'm sorry for your loss (losses) I pray you get thru these hard times.

Ed

· Registered
8 Posts
Well it's been just over a week and i.m doing better and what little solace Suzies very peaceful death was ( she had a slight smile on her face ) it was shattered by he image of her jaw dropping open and her tongue hanging out like a dead deer will forever be burnt into my mind , I just cant shake it from my mind ,helpfully things will get back to normal by this weekend , i.m pretty sick of being baby sat\watched over , plus most of the relatives are leaving this weekend anyways ,

The thing l.m not looking forward to is going home and dealing with all Suzies possessions and getting rid of the stuff ,i.m sure the memories and emotions will come pouring out

By the way all I have to post with is a Fire7 tablet as my puter an database is home to

George \ any way to archive or download this whole post

· Registered
2,985 Posts
Well it's been just over a week and i.m doing better and what little solace Suzies very peaceful death was ( she had a slight smile on her face ) it was shattered by he image of her jaw dropping open and her tongue hanging out like a dead deer will forever be burnt into my mind , I just cant shake it from my mind ,helpfully things will get back to normal by this weekend , i.m pretty sick of being baby sat\watched over , plus most of the relatives are leaving this weekend anyways ,

The thing l.m not looking forward to is going home and dealing with all Suzies possessions and getting rid of the stuff ,i.m sure the memories and emotions will come pouring out

By the way all I have to post with is a Fire7 tablet as my puter an database is home to

George \ any way to archive or download this whole post
Pick up a picture of Suzie and burn that back in your mind and remember the good times. I know, some things can't be unseen, but try to focus on the new pic every day. Also, nothing says you have to let go of her possessions right now. It can wait another day when you've had more time to heal. The only thing I can say is to keep your mind occupied and your hands busy.

· Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,634 Posts
Hey Dean, I remember my mom when she died from cancer back in 2009, same thing, she looked like a skeleton with skin with a super narrow face and when she passed her jaw was wide open and her tounge hanging out just the same. I thought that was how I was going to remember her forever but that image in my mind has passed when all it did was haunt me, so in time your mind will settle down and the good memories will remain, trust me. I would say losing your mom is comparable to losing a spouse. In time you will be able to laugh again and get back to normal I promise. And when you start going through Suzie's stuff make sure you have someone with you, trust me. Don't go at that alone. Just my opinion.

· Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
Death is never pretty, nothing like the movies. Hold on to your memories of the better times. That's what they'd want for you.

· Super Moderator
6,634 Posts
We all live in the moment and right now for Dean it feels like the end of the world but it will pass. Decades of memories can't never be undone or wiped clean in a moment - not even by death. It just takes time for the mind to calm down and get back to normal because Dean, life will get back to normal my friend - I promise! Just do as RCC said, keep them hands busy because wrenching on something is sometimes better that having certain people around.
P.S - STAY AWAY FROM THAT SAPPY MUSIC SHIT ALSO!!!! PUT ON SOME HEAVY METAL!!! Two women broke my heart and both times I would isolate myself and listen to that sappy music shit that just made me actually cry and be depressed and want to jump out a building. Dont listen to sappy music.

501 - 520 of 539 Posts