Dodge RamCharger Central banner
461 - 480 of 539 Posts

· Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,629 Posts
That is a tough decision. If Suzy isn't asking where her mom is then I would probably not mention anything but if she is wondering why she hasn't seen her in a while then maybe you can tell her but just not the full extent of her sickness. Maybe you could tell Suzy that her mom hasn't been feeling well or something, just to ease the blow. If it's any consolation Dean, it seems that my family and friends are dropping like flies all around me. Stay strong Dean, for we are being tested. It's why you are where you are. Everything happens for a reason. Remember that. I find when the world gets too heavy I jump in my truck and go somewhere and take it all in. Sometimes I end up deep in the bush or sometimes at some pub far away in another town. Stay close to God, He really does have your back. We just can't see the future like He can. Trust Him.

Reactions: DODGEBOYS

· Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,629 Posts
I know this song is a little wimpy but it's inspiring. Bon Jovi is a noreaster just like you Dean! 👍

· Registered
995 Posts
God bless you and the family. If I’m ever in your neck of the woods, beer is on me.

· Registered
2,844 Posts
Every morning in the shower I kneel down & pray for several people I know who are going through some sort of health crisis. Y'all have been on my list for months. You have a community of friends here.

I don't really have any idea what I would do in your situation.

Bucky

· Registered
32,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 ·
suzies MOM died yesterday and l just dont know what to do , the bro inlaw go's in this thursday for the stage 3 cancer surgery so he cant even get to do his own MOM's funeral , he already set it up to cremate her and he is gonna do the service later when and if he feels better , what a sh!t show/storm this is

· Administrator
29,193 Posts
Sorry. :cry:

· Registered
954 Posts
Man this is terrible man. Thoughts are with you Deano.

· Registered
32,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
so l,ve been in meeting after meeting with either the NH or Hospice , l signed the final papers yesterday to release the NH and have hospice take over Suzies care , Tuesday is approaching fast , my stomach is in knots and l aint slept in days and probly wont tonight either , i,m a mess physically and mentally and if i didnt have the support from close "friends" and family i,d either be dead or in the loony bin , but it aint over yet [ l picked the wrong time in my life to stop drinking ] as l could just hop inside a bottle and lose myself and get numb , like l want to but l wont

· Administrator
29,193 Posts
Yea, this is not the time to be drinking. Keep strong, Things will get better, just concentrate on the peace that comes at the end. We are praying for You and Suzie.

· Registered
2,985 Posts
The only place we find peace in times like this is knowing that Suzie's pain and suffering will be over. Nobody wants to live out their days like this. You're grief will continue for some time until you get back to your new daily life with only her memory and the happy memories you created together. I pray for your strength and your new life. God Bless you Dean.

· Registered
954 Posts
Thoughts are with you buddy.

· Registered
2,985 Posts
You picked the best time in your life to quit drinking. At this time Suzie needs you sober, and after this time is the best time to stay out of the bottle. Most peoples emotional state just gets worse. People tend to drink to forget, but Clink Black sang it best with these few simple words;

You were the first thing that I thought of
When I thought I drank you off my mind
When I get lost in the liquor
You're the only one I find

It's best to walk away from it.

· Super Moderator
6,629 Posts
I'm here for ya brother. I know exactly what yer going through. I know it's tough man but stay strong, find a way to escape and occupy your time. 👍

· Super Moderator
14,641 Posts
you'll always have the memories, good an bad, but you'll have them and they will keep you going, and keep going you should. This has been...such a terrible, rough road Dean, and you have been there for her and have put forth a truly unforgettable effort, and she knows it. In the end she will be at peace, and it will be okay for you to be at peace, too.

· Registered
246 Posts
Thinking of you and Suzie Deano. What a horrible and tough situation to be in. Cant imagine it as a single teenager. Pray to God for comfort, He says that you will receive everything you ask of Him when you dont doubt it in Mark 11:24

· Premium Member
459 Posts
Thinking of you today Dean...

Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die."

461 - 480 of 539 Posts