Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new-in-box Powermaster 140a alternator, #8-57529 - I got it for a project and never used it. It has a dual v-rib pulley and I swapped it for a serpentine (I'm still looking for the v-rib pulley and nut).

It's a GM design with the spacer etc for a Mopar; this style is used on a lot of older V8s. Can be wired with typical GM 4-wire or as 1-wire. 140a max, 80a at idle, serpentine pulley - $80 plus the ride ($207 new from Summit).

- Sam

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...shall I put it in a box with your address on it?? ;D

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had been doing research on hi amp alternators for magnum swap in my 84 with Fuel injection,lighting,cooling fan upgrades and looked at powermaster offerings. They make a quality product that's not cheap and why i commented on the price you were asking for what you had for sale. That particular offering is based on a GM CS series alternator that i've used for swaps before. Pretty compact unit for what it puts out amps wise.

I went another route and built the oe 117 amp alternator that came with my magnum engine to 200 amp output that should develop 120 amps at idle with parts i purchased from a company that supplies alternators for forestry,fire,police dept fleets.

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sale pending

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.