Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
1987 Dodge Ramcharger (Brothers, I do his research).
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hola,
My brother is rebuilding an '87 AW-150. The passenger window is inoperable. I can make expensive guesses with the best of em'. So, based on your experience, where should I begin?
Thanks Much,

~S

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Administrator
It was an issue for those of us who have the dark mode turned on. A quick switch to light mode made it readable. But I fixed it so all can read. No biggie, except for the cranky old men.

Welcome to RCC, The motors, gears, switches, and wires all seem to have issues about the same. I assume the drivers side works, so that rules out the circuit breaker. With the engine off (key on) on a quiet day, hit the switches and listen closely for any sound from the door. If you hear sounds, then it is more likely the gears inside the regulator. otherwise it comes down to a test meter, or light and start tracing the power flow.

One thing to keep in mind is the power goes through the drivers door first, then across to the passenger side. So a bad switch on the drivers side can also be the issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was an issue for those of us who have the dark mode turned on. A quick switch to light mode made it readable. But I fixed it so all can read. No biggie, except for the cranky old men.

Welcome to RCC, The motors, gears, switches, and wires all seem to have issues about the same. I assume the drivers side works, so that rules out the circuit breaker. With the engine off (key on) on a quiet day, hit the switches and listen closely for any sound from the door. If you hear sounds, then it is more likely the gears inside the regulator. otherwise it comes down to a test meter, or light and start tracing the power flow.

One thing to keep in mind is the power goes through the drivers door first, then across to the passenger side. So a bad switch on the drivers side can also be the issue.
Thank You SuperBurban. I planned to start with the multimeter, but your suggestion about listening to what it's doing is now my lead-off plan. . . And thanks for confirming my suspicion on how some folks respond. 鉁

Administrator
. And thanks for confirming my suspicion on how some folks respond. 鉁
I'm also one of those cranky old guys, I just realized what the issue was. For those of us with the dark mode on (clik on the three buttons on the upper right, then check dark mode), we saw balck lettering on a black background.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also one of those cranky old guys, I just realized what the issue was. For those of us with the dark mode on (clik on the three buttons on the upper right, then check dark mode), we saw balck lettering on a black background.
Ah. I'm yet another old guy, with diminishing eyesight, who hates dark mode. Maybe I'll select white text next time so y'all don't have to mess with your settings. :ROFLMAO:

Administrator
Just leave the color at the default, that way it works for either setting. I switch back and forth. Not really happy with either.If I would have been in the light mode today, I would have been wondering what the heck DB was talking about.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just leave the color at the default, that way it works for either setting. I switch back and forth. Not really happy with either.If I would have been in the light mode today, I would have been wondering what the heck DB was talking about.
It's all good. Jokin' about the white text. I'll just key in my text and not touch the settings. Standard. Normal.
~ Nice chattin' man. God Bless. ~S 馃敭

Registered
wires like to break in the section of wiring between door and cab from flexing a million times over the last 34 years. and as was said by others- both switches and the motor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.