Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to convert my manual windows and locks to power on my 88 rc model 100. Where can I find what I need in parts to do the job?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The locks are easy.. Get a system off eBay, and don't pay more than $35 for it. You can get either the standard system with switches, or the "Central Locking" type system, where as soon as you move the lock plunger or turn the key on one lock, the other lock follows. Switches are optional on that type of setup, but you don't really need them, and you can hook them to a keyless system.

For windows, if you are up to JY search, you will need the entire regulator assemblies, switches, and wiring harness from the donor truck (I recommend '88-93), then you basically just swap the regulators, run the wiring, and cut holes for the switches and mount them. I have no idea how long this will take, or what's involved in the actual window part. For my '85, I scored a pair of doors from an '88 which had power locks/windows, then just pulled the harness behind the dash, and connected power. For my '89, I'm looking at an aftermarket add-on, which you can supposedly install in about an hour per door, and it uses specially designed motors, which turn a "geared" ring which is fitted over the crank handle stud (it's all concealed inside the door, and you don't see anything except a cap covering the hole where the crank used to be). It's made by SPAL (http://www.spal-usa.com) which is who makes most of the OEM and aftermarket mehcanisms anyway. They sell between $120 and $180 on eBay..

Matt {peace}

1 - 2 of 2 Posts