Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1985 Royal SE 5.2. Passenger side window motor needs replacing.  Even though all the part stores databases say the normal motors like dorman will fit they dont its not even the same gearing.  Before I go to the scrapyard I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find one.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
www.LMCtruck lists them as well ...80-89 and 90-93 was your door changed ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
what part numbers did you order?  I have an 86 royal se and used these part numbers: Dorman 742-300 and 742-301.  They both worked for my replacements.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
deeter said:
I have a 1985 Royal SE 5.2. Passenger side window motor needs replacing. Even though all the part stores databases say the normal motors like dorman will fit they dont its not even the same gearing. Before I go to the scrapyard I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find one.
not a 100% but l think his problem with replacements is he is try,in to just replace the motor[ see his picture above] instead of the WHOLE drive system with gears / factory gear housings wont work with after market motors , what you should be replacing is in the picture below

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.