Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this part of my power steering pump? it tends to leak a {expletive} load of fluid... but only randomly..like maybe once every two weeks.. starting happening after i went bogging and the lower half of my front end was submerged for a while..

would it be cheaper to just get the leak fixed? or should i go with buying a used (but new) rebuilt power steering pump?

(Smokey Note- Better size for the board ;D )

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I can't tell anything by that picture. Can you shrink it down about 80% and back out a bit? I don't see anything that is leaking. It is very common to have the upper seal and dust boot leak steering fluid in Dodge trucks. No way to tell if that is what is leaking in your truck from that pic.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
it looks like the gearbox to me. but icant t ell for sure. placement says gearbox anyway

·
Registered
30,032 Posts
it looks like the pitman arm seal is leaking at the bottom of the steering box / its a PITA if you dont have the right tools / yup and get rid of that PIC / any MODS around

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Yep, it's the bottom seal in your steering box... (NOT the pump, unless that drip has dripped down from the pump above)... Probably just leaking from age and wear. One dunking wouldn't necesarily "break it", but time amd miles wear'em out. As DB says, kind of a PIA to fix, but doable.

Or, you can just let it drip, and blow back onto the body and undercarriage, as part of mine and PrimerGrey's favorite.... "natures" undercoating !

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
thats why i havent fixed my front pinion seal yet, or the pan gasket, rear main, trans pan, .......

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Right on Bro !!! All those oil leaks are just killin' the rust...!

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
That's no oil leak, that's sweat from all the horsepower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts