Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-\A Jeep is a Mopar is it not? Anyway can anybody help me out with my bosse's 81 Laradeo? He has made a few mods (350 olds mild cam alum hi rise q-jet th400 B/M qtr stick 4"lift 33"T/As)blaa blaa.He wants me to add power brakes to the list.Anyone ever do this changeover?What parts will interchange from newer models?I tried to locate a 81 pw booster at the local salvage yards but no luck.We have some Explorers,S-10s,Aerostars,a Pathfinder,plus alot of american&forien cars (no mopars ;D ) in our own xyard any thoughts? Will I have to stay stock and try to get new oem?Will I need another pushrod or are they the same for manual&power brakes?I really need some help here if its not just rite I'll catch HE!! on it.Thanks Any comments are welcome :\'(

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back again have'nt had much free time to go on line still trying to get the cj-7's brakes worked out.We got a new 81 cj-7 power booster/master cyl. and the holes/bolts were not the same so we redrilled some new ones but rod was way too short and wont change out with the old one so after my boss and the cheap hired help buggered up the new one plus one off a 91 explorer were back to square one I'm sure glad I did'nt have a hand in that one luckly (sort of) for me I'm having to put a caddy back together after they fired the guy that took it apart,anyway dose any one know of a master that will bolt on?When I get the motor back together in this pig I know they'll pass the jeep over to me.I'd love walk over look at it tell em get a such&such from a blaa blaa bolt it on and have a good laugh about the $120 of scrap they got in the floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts