Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to unlock ports, at least i think that is what is causing my problem. I have been able to use AIM, Yahoo IM and MSN messenger. after installing Norton Internet security 2000 (dumb idea, I know) i am only able to use Y-IM and Internet Explorer. i have already uninstalled Norton Internet Security 2k, how do i open all the ports it has closed? or solve this problem.

Jake

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well, without knowing your os, i can tell you that AIM transfers everything over port 80 i believe. Port 3190 is used for aim file transfers.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Are you sure you don't have another firewall or that you completely uninstalled norton. firewalls are the only things that will block ports.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For AIM go to preferences, sign on/off select the connection button, then select auto configure, it will try different ports and settings to connect. It will also tell you what port it is using. MSN messenger is under the options, then the connection tab
MSN will usually try to use your browser settings to connect http port 80 if you are trying to get to these from work or an office network, they may possibly be blocked by a proxy server.

G

·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts