Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just did new cap, rotor and plugs(autolite) and when i was pulling the wires off the plug the little metal piece that connects the two stayed on the plug instead of the wires (that happened on 2 of them) so i shoved them back on the wire ends with pliers but now after it's all said and done my truck idles pretty rough.. so im going to buy new wires and i was wondering if MSD wires are worth the extra money or if i should just go for some autolite wires or something along those lines?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yeah, definately get new plug wires...that's a given when doing a tune-up like that. MSD wires are pretty pricey, but they are hi-po wires that cut down resistance, which translates into a hotter spark, and more power. Get them if your a power fiend like me, if not, then get some Autolites. They work just as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i talked to the guy at lordco and he said that MSD isn't going to do too much unless you upgrade your ignition system and stuff... which i've heard from a couple people now.. so i went with the bosch wires instead :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The major advantage you get with the MSD wires aside from the ultra low resistance and larger size (8.5mm.. Bosch is 7mm) is the warranty. They guarantee them against pull-offs for 5 years. I have the Bosch wires now, and I'm not real thrilled. They don't perform any better than the Autolites they replaced, which cost half as much.

Matt {peace}

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.