Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so we put a 1995 magnum in my son's 88 ram. runs great now but we have a plug we don't know what it goes to. we deleted the egr, air pump, and ac unit. But for the life of me i can't remember what this plug went to. it stretches easily to the other side of the engine to the front as seen in the pics. I have included pics of the plug and cleaned off the wires for easy identification. If you have an 88 or 89 and can tell me what this went to that would be great. Also it does run in the wire loom with all the plugs that go to the carb, and yes they are all hooked up.
Also if anyone has deleted their ac on their obd1 truck what did you have to do to trick cpu to not throw a code?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
your using a carb ..? is that wiring from the '95 or the 88 ? ... the 95 would have had a green/red stripe/violet white stripe/black light blue stripe it went to the map sensor

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no this is all original wiring that came in the 88. Has original TBi unit on top and runs good idle finally fixed due to faulty wire connection in coolant temp sensor for cpu. Now it bogs down trying to leave a stop. Think rear ebrake might be stuck and fuel filter clogged been sitting a year.
this wire came all the way across the engine but not sure where it goes. we removed something and I don't know what it goes too. I was hoping someone had the same wires on their truck and could identify it. I don't have any check engine lights and the ac plug looks like a v shape on his truck We have that one off right now. But thanks for the reply's guys

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
There are a couple plugs like that on a TBI truck.  It looks like you have the TPS plugged up already and the only other I can think of off the top of my head would be the MAP sensor.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah this one is in wire loom with the one that goes to tps. I saw a it in a pic but didn't see what it was attached too. it looked like it went behind the ac unit but not to it

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
His throttle kicker is plugged in, you can see it in his pics.  The TPS is on the other side of the throttle body.  I have pics of my throttle body somewhere, but I can't find them now.  I think that part of the harness is covered up by the radiator hose and the idler pulley though so I don't think it showed much anyway.  I can look at my '88 sometime, but right now we are digging out of the first snow of the season, so it may be a few days.

Are you really trying to run a Magnum 318 on a LA series TBI?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry missed that in the background of his photo.  Strange having two of those plugs. My Throttle plug was also 4 wires, rather than the three on his extra plug.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
It looks like a TPS plug, but I do have a pic of that plug and the wiring colors are different.  It could be something on the smog pump or A/C compressor.  I don't think any of the big alternators use a plug like that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my tps is plugged in also. all plugs on the tbi are plugged in. This was an external plug to something. I for the life of me can't visualize what it went to . And of course it was like one of the first things we pulled off so no paint marks on it like I did everything else that was on the TBi unit... stupid me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Elwenil said:
Are you really trying to run a Magnum 318 on a LA series TBI?
Yes we are and it runs good runs like a raped ape once it gets past bogging down from a stop. We think the timing is off a little bit like 1-2 teeth as to get it running like we do now the timing mark had to be turned way back below where it should be. We are going to try to move it one tooth at a time to get it right.

·
Administrator
62,315 Posts
Looks like the early style O2 connector.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.