Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my '89 I'm running 35s. I had the front spring rearched about 3" and add-a-leaf. On the rear I have an add-a-leaf and factory block. I still hit fenders a little on steep terrain so I want to lift it a little more and put on new fenders as I have already cut and bent mine a little. I want to get rid of my factory block and get about 5-6" on rear and 5-6" up front. I am trying to do this cheap and it's cheaper to just buy springs. All of the 6" springs I can find are including the height of the factory block. I guess my only option is the 8" spring from Skyjacker. I just don't know what my net lift will be without the block and what should I use up front 5"or 6". Can someone please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I read that someone put a skyjacker 6" up front and used 8" outback with a 1" block I think.
I only have a 2.5" lift up front and used 6" springs on the back with a 1" block to level it out. But I'm only running 33's.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
call rocky mountain suspension...some of the spring makers make spring that will give lift AND get rid of the block.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wait...are you saying that when You get a lift kit from, lets say SkyJacker, with rear springs included, you still have to keep the factory block?

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Some lifts keep the block and some eliminate it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have checked all of the suspension companies that offer 5" or more lift and they tell me that the lifts are with the stock block included. So every lift you see subtract 3 3/8" from it and that will be your rear lift without the block. I have called BDS, Tuff Country, Superlift, and Skyjacker.
Grayguy said:
Wait...are you saying that when You get a lift kit from, lets say SkyJacker, with rear springs included, you still have to keep the factory block?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hmmm...that kind of seem to me like it defeats the purpose of the lift...I know I've seen chevys with nothing but springs, so that means that there has got to be some out there that don't use the block, even if there not for dodge.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know if there is anyone else that makes the shackle flip other the Shaggy's? I just thought that $189.00 was a little pricey. I don't think anyone at RCC is making them anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Well, I'm not sure of the makers, but I know people on the site have bought leaf springs that were designed to either give 8" of lift with the blocks, or 4" without.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know that Skyjacker sells them that way. There advertised lift is with the block. The 8" springs are actually 4.5" without the block.
TheRamChargerMan said:
Well, I'm not sure of the makers, but I know people on the site have bought leaf springs that were designed to either give 8" of lift with the blocks, or 4" without.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts