Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im Finally in the middle of starting the acle swap im just getting ready to drop in the axles complete.

Ok so the Tierods dont fit on the draglink ton the "new" axle

im like ok today let me take off the draglink off the ramcharger and try them there they screw in just fine.

So at this point im like okkkkk so i put the 2 draglinks side by side

The one from the ramcharger is 2 inches longer.

If i put the tierods on the old"ramcharger" dragling and put it on the "new" axle i have to bottom out both tie rods and it looks like the rotors sould be straight.

Here is my worry What are the chances the axle Is "wrong"

The axle is out of a 1987 dodge W250 its a dana 44 8lug

I thought they were all the same.

thanks for Any help

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
ok, tie rods dont go onto draglinks, so im really confused by ur problem. i think u mean that the tie rod ends dont fit the tie rod from the 3/4 ton truck. and that the tie rod from the RC is 2in longer. is that correct?

Duane

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tierod draglink same thing lololol

but yes thats the problem and why is it that mine off the ramcharger is 2 inches longer before i put on te tierods

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh and by the was the parts store lists the same tierod for both so why dont they match up im worried about the "new" axle thats all

G

·
I don't have a good answer for you. I browsed the Autozone website and the tie rod ends and the draglinks are the same part numbers for the RC listed in your sig and a 1987 W250. There shouldn't be a problem here.

Chris

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but there is the Pipe"draglink where the outter tierods go on to on the cr is 2 inches longer and on the shorter one the threads are diff

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Ok why aren't you using the cross bar that came with the d 44 8 lug rear , the difference may be the hub lenghts and the knuckle design for the cross bar being shorter , the cross bar is the bar between the tires the drag link is the bar from the box to the steering knuckle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts