Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Travel plans that is. :)

Since we have AAA, I ordered a Trip-Tik. I just got it Friday and they mapped out a different route than they gave me online. When I asked why, the guy told me there was less congestion the different way and it would be quicker.

I've decided to go to RJ the way the Trip-Tik says and go home the way the internet Trip-Tik said (since I have an extra day to get home). I've got a couple stops I want to make in Ohio on the way through. Also, I will get to see a little more of the country, too.

Here's the route for my trip down:

New England stretch..
*I-95 to I-495 to I-290 to Worcester.
*I-90 to I-84 through CT (I see Torrington a little bit North of I-84 ;))

NY..
*I-84 into PA

PA..
*I-84 to I-380 to I-81 in Scranton.

Rest of PA, MD, WV, VA..
*I-81

TN..
*I-81 to I-40 to I-75 in Knoxville
*I-75 to I-24 in Chattanooga
*I-24 to I-59 in the corner of GA

Ala..
*I-59 to I-459 in Birmingham then to I-20

Miss, LA
*I-20 across state into LA
*I-220 around Shreveport
*I-20 into TX

TX..
*I-20 to Marshall
*Rt 59 to Nacogdoches
*Rt 21 up to Alto.

Anyone lost yet?

Hey Duane and Jake, you guys are taking I-20, right?

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
jake and i are planning on leavin atlanta sometime thursday night after i get there, so we will be cruising through Bama and Mississippi through the night and early morn.

Duane

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may already be through by Thurs night or I may not. My sister-in-law just moved to Rocky Mount, VA (a little South of Roanoke) and it take them about 12 hours to get there, stopping only for gas. I'm leaving Maine early Monday morning, but since my son is coming with me, I want to stop maybe every 4 hours or so and let him stretch. Also, I plan on stopping at night rather than driving straight through. I'm not quite sure what kind of distance we'll make each day.

If you want, call me sometime Thurs and I'll let you know where we are. 207-577-5724.

Ted

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
When you get on 21 in Nachadoches take it to alto. When you get into town you'll come to a stop light at 21 and 69. Turn right go through town to the second crossover in the highway where it's divided. On the left you'll see a big with box van (bread)with an arrow painted on it, turn left go to the dead end look for signs.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Skip!!!!!!

And this has to be one of the slowest months I've lived through in a while. ;D

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
We all feel the same. It can't get here soon enough. I pulled the valve covers off the 400 today to replace the gaskets and found the provious owner broke off two bolts. I have to fix it now, but it will be done. Be careful on your trip. Looking forward to seeing you and your son...

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Other then the fact that I81 dosen't go NEAR Md, looks good!! I saw 81 in another post and was gonna suggestthat for this end of the route. As I said tho it feels like a LONG ride tho!!

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
phoenix827 said:
Other then the fact that I81 dosen't go NEAR Md, looks good!! I saw 81 in another post and was gonna suggestthat for this end of the route. As I said tho it feels like a LONG ride tho!!
lol...unless the AAA map is wrong, it goes through just a small portion of MD by Hagerstown. ;D

I have driven that stretch of I-81 twice. Of course it was in 1988, but I still remember what a long stretch it is. My sister-in-law and her family just moved to a place close to Roanoke, VA, so I may stop there for a night. It'll give me a break from Glenn and a chance to get a shower and a good night's sleep in a bed.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More changes.

My uncle lives 186 miles from Alto. I'm going to leave Mon p.m. and stay at his place that night and leave Tuesday morning to drive back to Maine. I'm still going through Ohio, so you guys better be ready for me. ;D

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
ok, I see it! lol Forgot about seeing the Md sign on the way to tellico. maybe because 5 min later was the WV sign, and 5 min after that I was in Va! lol

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Coop, call the house phone when you hit CT! I forgot reception sucks on my cell in the house! 860-482-2128

1 - 11 of 11 Posts