Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm farely new here and don't know of too many places around edm to wheel at. I spent the last 12 years in st. albert (couple km north of edm) and now live near the U of A. So I'll give you the places I know about for a little bit of fun.

Big Lake Nature Reserve:
Its down meadowview drive accross from Rrd 262. There is a few trails with places along the way to stop and read about the wild life. There are signs when you first get in saying play at your own risk so I'm sure its legal and okay to have some fun here. It gets pretty nice and muddy when it poors as its so close to big lake. There is a section after the rain that turns basically into a swamp and when dry you can see some DEEP and wide ruts.

The rest of them don't have any signs saying not to wheel or to wheel so I'm unsure about the legalities. A few of them have no dumping signs so as always clean up after yourselves.

Riel Business Park in St. albert. There is a circular track there which is fun in stock vehicles or for first timers. There is also an area that tends to get a large muddy puddle. Its right near the BMX track and were the mud bogs are held during the rain maker rodeo.

Near the S. albert recy. depot (and tree/grass dump) there are a few paths, again when rainy the ruts that people have made become nice pretty muddy. There seems to be some C/N trails back there though so I'm assuming those aren't the best to go down (not much fun anyway)

The last one is near the sturgeon area, I got there going north east of St. Albert. Nothing too special but a fun little track with some humps to jump your truck in, and its always fun racing people with their rice wagons on the trail that is paralell to the road there. A little bit of mud here and there.

If anyone is in the area and wants to wheel let me know:
[email protected]

Pat

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great to hear from you.... Hopefully I'll be back on my financial feet by then. My buddy and I just put his 400 into his bronco so hopefully he'd get a binder for the day and join us as well.

Pat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts