Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a thought today. Let's use this thread to recommend some local businesses. It doesn't have to be Dodge related, just a local busnesses that has impressed you.

State the name of the business, the city, and why you like them.

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mount Logan Offroad, Logan
These guys are great. John, the owner, is very friendly, and is very willing to do anything it takes to make his customers happy. I've dealt with them a lot, and I've always been happy, even if I have to wait for parts to arrive.

Thomson Electric, Logan
Very nice people. The store has that old, small town hardware store feel. The employees are inteligent, and willing to help out. I bought a half dozen ballasts from them 2 years ago. One recently quit. I noticed it had a 3 year warranty, but I had no reciept. They were able to search their records and find the exact day I bought them, and gave me a new ballast, no charge. Their prices are pretty good too.

Papa Kelesy's and Henry's Subs, Logan
This is a pizza and sub shop. They have great food (pizza's, subs, salads, and soup) at good prices. Henry, the owner, is a funny, friendly guy, that has made a conscious effort just to remember my name.

·
29,905 Posts
There have been times I was dissapointed in 4wheel parts wholesale, but recently, they made me happy:
I bought a Smittybuilt grill gaurd for my 2000, it had a 5 yr. warranty on the powder coat finish, well mine looked like shit after about a year and a half. I finally took it back (after 3 yrs) and the guy at 4wheel said he contact Smittybuilt. Anyway, I called after about 2 weeks and the guy said "The guy from smittybuilt hasn't returned my calls and he's been kind of difficult to deal with, so, I just ordered you a new one and I'll deal with him later, it'll be here in a week"
And it came in and I got it and there was much rejoicing! A lot of companies wouldn't have footed the bill so to speak, while they wait on the manufacturer.
I was pleased.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
ok im not saying this because i work here but.i work at a BIG-O tiresand we will do anything to make the costmer happy.from takeing you to you work or house then picking you up when your car is done.to washing your car.we will go to your house to fix a flat.and if there is anything your not happy with about are work.we will fix it and keep fixing it till your happy

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
the owner in heber is an ass :-Xi didn't say anything.but at my big-o if that happind cme back to us and we replace the tire(s) free

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
NAPA auto parts in Ephraim Utah.

the owner Jim and his son Mike are both very friendly and intelligent guys. always helpfull, and they find the right part for a good price too. If I were still living in the area, they'd be my primary parts source still. {cool}

Country Auto parts in Aurora, Utah

This is the best junk yard I've ever been too. They always let me go and scout out parts myself and if I pull it myself(which I almost always do) they some times give me the part for free if it is not a high dollar part. And when I do buy stuff, it is never overpriced. Acres and acres of cars. Good place.

I'll second what Trenton had to say about the Logan businesses
too.

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moonlight Diesel, Amalga (north west of Logan)
Great diesel shop, they came highly recommended. Terry, the owner/operator, is Cummins tech, builds DTT transmissions, and is a Banks dealer. I took my truck to him for a valve adjustment and a question about the injection timing adjustment. After driving the truck, he took the time to explain a few issues, and offer some options. In the end, he performed the valve adjustment, and recalibrated and re-timed the injection pump for me. The trucks runs much better now, and has a very noticeable increase in low end power and after the TC locks up. No longer is it sluggish from a stop when it's cold. I should also pick up a couple mpg from these adjustments, but it's far too early to tell yet.

·
Registered
846 Posts
tv_larsen said:
Moonlight Diesel, Amalga (north west of Logan)
Great diesel shop, they came highly recommended. Terry, the owner/operator, is Cummins tech, builds DTT transmissions, and is a Banks dealer. I took my truck to him for a valve adjustment and a question about the injection timing adjustment. After driving the truck, he took the time to explain a few issues, and offer some options. In the end, he performed the valve adjustment, and recalibrated and re-timed the injection pump for me. The trucks runs much better now, and has a very noticeable increase in low end power and after the TC locks up. No longer is it sluggish from a stop when it's cold. I should also pick up a couple mpg from these adjustments, but it's far too early to tell yet.
How about the guy who sold you the truck!? ;D

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well off the bat I'd have to say the Class six on Hill Air Force Base, great booze!

LOL, OK, Big O tire in Kaysville and Centerville. The owner is a big supporter of off roading.
4wheel parts in SLC, see Scott the manager and tell him I sent you.
4Wheel parts in Odgen, see Brandon and tell I sent you.
Sears, the got a great big mans deptpartment, plus tools!
Bakers Diesel in Ogden, knows there stuff!
Six states for warn winch repairs.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Hey, Utahians, a buddy of mine is having trouble with this outfit in Heber City: http://www.rocky-road.com/
Do you locals (KThaxton?) have knowledege of this place, and are they good or bad?

·
29,905 Posts
It's Utahns, silly..... ;D
That's strange, I've never heard of them, but I don't do much shopping here locally (good ol boy network ::)), but I will see what I can learn.

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GunPilot said:
Hey, Utahians, a buddy of mine is having trouble with this outfit in Heber City: http://www.rocky-road.com/
Do you locals (KThaxton?) have knowledege of this place, and are they good or bad?
I wheeled once with the owner (I believe) last summer, and I've been told he's a good guy. I think TheBigSgt may know him. That is all I know.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've known the owner Glen Wakefield for about 10. Reason the most of us on here have never heard of him is because he makes and sells Suki stuff. I find him to be a good guy. I would and have sent alot of people there. What seems to be the problem?

·
Registered
53 Posts
the discount tire in orem is good to work with and they have beat everyone's prices in utah valley.
i have also been impressed with the six states down here too. the driveline guy is fast and reliable, as are the other technicians. they deal mostly with full sized trucks when most of the other shops focus on jeeps. they seem to want to fix problems rather than just replace parts. saved me lots of time and money.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
TheBigSgt said:
I've known the owner Glen Wakefield for about 10. Reason the most of us on here have never heard of him is because he makes and sells Suki stuff. I find him to be a good guy. I would and have sent alot of people there. What seems to be the problem?
Just want to let you both know that Rocky Road Outfitters www.rocky-road.com
has had the locker I returned since the 10th of november.

I have called every two weeks to find out about the refund and I get told
everytime that I have to wait for the owner. I am told the owner will not
speak to people on the phone and he is never there when I call.

It is going on 2 months that they have had the part. Signed for per the
reciept I have from usps.

I am told as of today, I should see a refund in less then 90 days.

I will never buy anything from this company again. I am also starting to
think of legal action against them.

God I hate companies like this.

Dirk
Just researching for a friend. This locker ws for a Jeep TJ.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
TheBigSgt said:
Well I need a name to make a call.
Dirk Harris, in Tucson. They've had the locker back 3 months now, and won't even return his call.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.