Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get multiple OEM parts for my 76 powerwagon but I don't know where to look. i.e. websights.

some of the things I need are a new front grill, np203, new seat, and multiple misc. items. If anyone knows of any good places to look for this crap I would greatly appreceate it a ton.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
try places like saturn surplus. i know i can get a buttload of parts for my 77 PW from them. almost enough to build another truck

·
Registered
29,723 Posts
for the 203 try-- 4 X Heaven they deal with new and used T-cases only / here is the link
http://www.4xheaven.com

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the links guys.

On another note got the truck insured/liscensed today took it out for a drive and it has a bad whine when I let off the gas(louder at higher speeds and gone as soon as its under power), my dad figures its a bearing going south sound comes from (seemingly) right under the seat, but we cant tell if its comming from the transfer case or the rear diff (had to replace the yoke on the rear diff last fall) so looks like I'm going to have fun replacing that 203 and finding the whine problem X fingers its in the 203 because that needs to be fixed anyways.

thanks again.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'll have a Trail Duster that I'm parting out by next week sometime.
If your up for cheap used parts drop me an email explaining everything you need and I'll see if I got em.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has the NP435 4 speed and I checked all the fluid levels they are full and in good condition. I stuck my head out the back window while driving down the road (no throttle) sound seems to be comming from the rear diff. so we are guessing its the pinion bearing.

The part I need is basicly a NP203 for a NP435 tranny

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, found out that me and my bro messed up when we replaced the rear yoke on the diff, we reused the old crush washer but we didnt use a torq wrench to torq it down to specs (i belive 300ft.lbs) we just put it back together with a impact wrench (real real smart :-X ) talked to my neighbor and he said that because we havent drove it around tomuch we might be able to save the pinion by just putting in a new crush washer and torqing to specs (if all else fails follow the DESTRUCTIONS!!) hope it works!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have your 203 transfer case in the back yard. It is out of a '76 PW. Do you have any contacts in the Phx/Tempe area? Shipping is expensive.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont know anyone down there and the shipping on that would be crazy (guessing). If I cant find one its no biggy, the truck runs fine with this t-case but it just gets a little crappy when you get into a full articulation in loc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts