Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i need help wiring my new pioneer radio up (i have a diagram)

For the Yellow wire would you hook that up to the fuse block, under the radio fuse??

For the Red wire would that go to the ignition switch Accessory wire??

other than that all of the other wires look pretty easy....

Thanks In Advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Yellow goes to the Battery (Positive) or another 12V+ Wire that gets constant power (without the key on), it supplies the "Memory" for the Clock and Presets

Red goes to the Run/Accessory Wire on the Ignition (12V+ in both the Run and Accessory Positions of the ignition)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Does it still have the factory radio harness, plugs?  If so use an adapter and plug and play.  Usually they are found at stereo places and last but least wally world.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Kenneth Turcotte said:
Radio Harness Plugs??

what do you mean
Wally world will have a rack adjacent to the radios with kits to install radios. There will be a kit listed for your vehicle with plugs on both ends and instructions to make it near painless. I used to install displays at a bunch of the stores. For the life of me, I can't come up with the brand name of the kits but it makes it much easier.

These are only worth it if your original radio harness is still intact. You should be able to just plug the two harnesses together. Depending on the year of the vehicle, there might not be a yellow wire. It needs to be run to something hot always. It only draws enough current to keep the memory in the radio.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well this radio just came with a plastic plug, so i wouldn't think i would need the adapter plug, and also i cant use the same speakers that i did have cause, the kit that i got (a radio with 2 speakers) says the speakers have to be with in a specific ohms radio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.