Attachments

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
looks Great!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Looks good, how about a pic of the truck with it installed. How much was it?

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Looks good! Same kit I am doing now, gotta love the detailed instructions huh!? ??? So far I have had to enlarge the holes on the ubolt plates, (twice, duh, check them first chris!) Had my nicely painted axle fall off the jack, TWICE! and spent about an hour CAREFULLY jacking up the truck a little at a time, one side, then the other, then the other, etc. to get the tires on (nice when you don't think about the lift when you take it all apart! Had about 1/4" of room under the pumpkin when it was all bolted in!! DUH!) ::) Had to use a rachet strap on each sidefrom the end of the axle to the frame to lift the axle enough to get a jack under it! (as I said, DUH) ::) Now where did I put those lugnuts last november??? ??? Go and buy new ones, 59 cents? Hell I will take all 20! Guess what!! Today I start on the front!!! ::) ::) ::) Any one want to nominate me for dumbass of the month?? Don't think this is enough for JAOTM as I didn't knock the truck off the jack stands, (yet) What size shackle bolts did you use?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Did you mount the steering block? If not, did the steering change? (feel, steering wheel position, steering travel)

I am putting two new axles under my truck with the lift, as well as a shaft part-time conversion kit for the NP203.

I am still in the "get the parts ready" phase before I take the truck apart. I want to be able to take a week off in June and put all the parts on at the same time.

Mike

·
Registered
674 Posts
your rc great. ive got one question though. did the system come with everthing you needed or did you have to buy odds and ends too. i think as soon as my hand gets out of this cast im going to do the same thing you did. your trucks out come definatly makes me want to do it to mine.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
everything is in the kit

all you need to get is the front rubber line you NEED it
the rear is long enough even after the lift

BUY NEW REAR SHACKLES there only 25 each its well worth it if not your gonna curse the hell the bolts freeze jam etc etc so buy new ones

no i didnt put the block in yet on tues ill try again i cant get the dam knuckle offf the steering is off and i cant turn right as much it locks much sooner

the kit is pretty good after you get the old ones off lolololololol

i would use grade 5 bolts though why might you askk

her is why grade 8 bolts are hardend grade 5 are not which means that the grade 5 will give a little the grade 8 would snap
any other questions hey dont be afaird to askk hey

phoenix have fun lolololol hey do what i did por15 the frame (the right way) and you can drop it all you want and it wont strach i love this stuff

·
Registered
428 Posts
did you have to remount the spring pads on the rear axle, it looks like you turned the rear axle upwards.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Overkill, looks great.. I was looking at getting a 4" lift myself and was wondering if you could post a pic of the outside of your RC, for I was wanting an idea on the height after I was done... Also are those tires 31's or did you go with a larger size... thanks for the time... the RC looks great

1 - 11 of 11 Posts