Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Thought I would share some pics of my 78 I owned.

^ 10" lift with 40" Mudders

^ 1/2 ton axles suck

^ Took the factory headlights and parking lights out and made dual quad headlights. This was done in 1980

Brad

·
3,951 Posts
that my friend, is one of the cleanest, sweetest lookin
dodges i have ever seen.
give us some more details. did you buy it new? or close to it.

outstanding {cool}

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the complements guys. Some details. I bought it new in 78. Adventurer SE with about every option. Bigger tires started being made, so I started with 35", went to 38.5", and then 40". With the 40s, I put a front axle out of a 73 Dodge to get the lock out hubs and a 5 1/2" bolt pattern. Rear was a Dana 44 out of a Ford, (sorry, also my weakest link). Ran 4:56 gears. Doug Nash part time kit. Rough Country lift kit, then added to that. 360 with lots of engine mods. Made the headlight conversion. Most everything else was bolt on accessories. PITA to take muddin, then clean it up for a show or cruise.

Brad

·
Registered
428 Posts
that is definitely a sweet lookin truck. Are those pics from when you first raised it like years ago? Regardless, that is a beauty.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You sent me pics of that truck when I was asking about tail gate moulding, she is sure a beauty!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Sweet looking truck you had. I like that color combo. Is it copper on top and then black the rest of the way? Love that trim package to. I wonder where she's at these days and if its still on the road.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
awesome, needs some mud on it, that is 1 choice lookin truck...{smoke}

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I took pics in the mid 80's. Sold the truck in the late 80's to a guy that never even took it out for a test drive. Went through several owners since that time. Reason I posted pics is I had them out 2 weeks ago to show to present owner. Got a call from a lady who told me she owned the truck, and wanted to sell it, and to see if I was interested. She got my name and number from a notebook I had with truck listing changes in axles, driveline, etc. Of course I was interested. I haven't seen this truck since I sold it. It was in decent shape, and definitely could be restored. Problem is that it had been sitting for the past 6 years. Someone changed the radio, (can't belive they took out my 8 track player ;D), and whoever installed the new one didn't do a very good job. Shorted out and fried all the wires under dash. Truck still had under 50K miles, but had 33" tires on it. Looked bad. Wanted too much money for it IMO. Passed on it. Besides I am in the middle of engine mods on my present truck. no spare $. Also, color on top and bottom is Bright Canyon Red Sunfire Metallic.

Brad

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Very nice rig man . bet it turned some heads back in the day . Sad it sat for that long man but would be worth restoring for sure maybe a member from here will snatch her up .

bt83rc

·
Registered
11,397 Posts
thats an awesome looking truck there :D

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I remember seeing this truck. Very cool. But for some reason, the pictures aren't showing up right now. ???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the compliments everybody. I use Yahoo to host my pics. It's free, and I don't think they like you drawing on their bandwidth, so they keep changing the http address. :mad: Have to update them every so often.

Brad

·
5,137 Posts
That was one sweet ass truck!!!

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
badass truck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts