Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I went to the Auto Show yesterday. I guess I am kind of spoiled by the Chicago Auto Show, but I thought this one was really small. It was about 1/8 the size of the Chicago one. But it was still pretty cool. You could actually sit in some of the vehicles that I would have thought they would have roped off like the $100k Mercedes SUV and the Anniversary Vette. Dodge had a decent display, although a lot of the people (me included) were pissed that they didn't have the Hemi on display. They only had one truck there with it in it and it was on a turntable so you couldn't peek in. Volvo has a cool twin turbo charged SUV for about $45k. Other than that nothing really caught my eye. I was disappointed by the Harley display, but I guess that this weekend they are gonna have a Rally end at the show which should have a couple thousand bikes, so that would be the time to go. Overall I would say that it is worth the $8 ticket (which is worth buying online to avoid the lines) and the three hours or so it took to see it all. Well that's my review!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Ryan

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sounds cool, Ryan. That would have been a good gathering for the group to be together, although George and I were not home on New Year's Day.

George and I went to the Route 2002 at Firebird on Dec 5th. That was a lot of fun. We drove our choice of every model of Dodge, Jeep, and Chrysler they make (each attendee could drive 9 vehicles). They had various road courses set up to test the performance of the vehicles. George drove the 2500 with the Hemi, I drove the 1500, and we both drove the deisel. Although the Hemi was nice, we both walked away drooling over the Cummins. ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man that sounds awesome. How did you get hooked up with that? Did it cost you anything??

·
Registered
943 Posts
We received invitations in the mail. I'm not sure what mailing list we were on to be included, but it was a blast. It was free, and they had coolers full of all the soda and bottled water we wanted...also for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts