Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was one cool A** truck in my opinion!! I was 19 or 20 when my dad traded me this for my 78 Power Wagon.
Captain's chairs w/ fold-down arm rests, big ole foldable bench seat in the rear...AND....A REMOVABLE TOP!!
hmmm, I wonder why I ever sold it ???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
sounds too sweet, welcome to the site, enjoy.
I like the grille on those

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ramchargergrrrl90 said:
why on earth did you sell such a sweet machine?
Why did I sell it you ask?...hmm, cause I'm stupid.. ;)
I sold that and my Barracuda and bought a 88 shadow..4 DOOR!!! That was my going to college car......lol

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's one more shot of it....

Attachments

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Damn that is 1 of the nicer unrestored 80's I have ever laid my little beady eyes on . Damn that is a really sought after year of Rc for sure . Probably the Rc with all the better axles and sucj stock besides maybe a 440 but hell I love that yr especailly the quad grille sucks it was only mad for 1 yr and that was it . Nice rig man I would go buy it back man if u ever get the chance . I like the power wagon as well very nice rigs u had man .

bt83rc

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bt83rc said:
Damn that is 1 of the nicer unrestored 80's I have ever laid my little beady eyes on .
bt83rc
Well bt...I can't say it was "unrestored" nor can I say I was "restored"...Hell, it was modified from the moment my dad placed the order for it from the dealer. By the time I got it he had already pulled the motor and rebuilt it(just a 318). Added headers, duel exhaust, aftermarket mufflers(don't recall the manufacturer), 4bbl carb, manifold(probably Edelbrock) the kick-azz rims and BF Goodrich tires...also had the mandatory push bar....simple but effective.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OBXCHARGER said:
I wouldn't be able to live with myself, the cuda AND the 80rc.WHY FOR GODS SAKE MAN, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Michael
What I was thinking was that I was being mature......I hit myself now whenever that damn maturity thing creeps into my head. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
yeah i had to sell all my toys once because i thought it was the "RIGHT" thing to do at the time.honda 350X 3wheeler, kawasaki KX250 dirtbike,64' galaxie 500, 82'chev4X, 78'Z28, 86'Z28, 92'Z28.sold them all in about two weeks time.the sale of them still haunts me.

Michael

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
OBXCHARGER said:
yeah i had to sell all my toys once because i thought it was the "RIGHT" thing to do at the time.honda 350X 3wheeler, kawasaki KX250 dirtbike,64' galaxie 500, 82'chev4X, 78'Z28, 86'Z28, 92'Z28.sold them all in about two weeks time.the sale of them still haunts me.

Michael
i'll NEVER part with any of my toys again. i miss my '68 ford galaxie something fierce! and my '69 galaxie...and my '74 mustang...and my '72 mercury marquis...and my '66 mustang...these were all before i discovered RC's. i'll be dead before my RC is sold. period! altho, i might be persuaded to explore a '72 mustang mach 1 with a 351 cleveland (or bigger) engine in it for awhile! ;D mostly just to make my brother sooooo jealous, lol! and then not let him drive it...mwaaahahahaha! better yet, make him watch while my mom drives it! *snickers* hehe, i'm such a mean sister!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a sad, sad, sad thing to see all this talk of Fords here in my little memorial to my old Ramcharger :\'(.....makes me wanna cry to think ya'll think, or at least thought at some point that those nondiscript, ugly, underpowered, grandmother-owned&operated, never-seem-to-win-races, unimaginative, boing, scrap-metal prospsects otherwise known as Fords, were in any way worth the time and money to own and work on... ;) Rock On!! LOL

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
awww, dude...didn't mean any disrespect. it was a homage to toys and the love of them, certainly not to dis the mopar in you. dad was a ford man (too bad for him) and we didn't get along that well for many a year. now, grandpa was a different story....he was a dodge man who was a mechanic for the oldest cab company in denver. he had two dodges...one was a dark green 1953 dodge with a huge visor on the front. that's all i remember about it, except that grandma would pick me up from school on friday afternoons in it when i went for a weekend visit. the other was a flareside truck, which he painted out of pride in his work TAXICAB YELLOW. then he put a camper on it and gave it taxicab yellow stripes :) my favorite place to be when i was growing up was in his garage. i would be his "nurse" and hand him tools as he worked. i miss him. i was way too young to drive when he passed away, and grandma needed the money, or i would have begged for that dodge truck. it was sweet! who knows, maybe then i would have never owned so many fords in my very wayward youth! ;D anyway, sorry for putting ford talk in your thread. i'll be more careful about that in the future 8)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ramchargergrrrl90 said:
awww, dude...didn't mean any disrespect.
Now I feel like a heel......all I said previously was with a wink. ;)I'm honestly touched by your last post..Makes me think of all the time my dad and I spent with the various trucks and cars he and I have had and worked on. My first car was a 70 Barracuda that I bought when I was 14 for all of $350. It wasn't much to look at, but working on it all through highschool with my dad was a memory I'll always cherish. Dang I miss those hot weekends trudging through the junk yards looking for parts..thats probably where the loyalty to Mopar came from.....noone ever had anything for Chrysler porducts!! We were the outcasts, of course now everyone seems to be driving the new style Ram...lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts