Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
sam, i'll be one of the people going down there on Mar 8th, so i'll bring that up and get back to ya.

jeff

G

·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
Has anyone found out if we can reserve a camping section? Or was that going to be asked on the March trip?
Here's the summary of what I found out. The whole thing is on the Kansas board in the "Need a KS memeber or two" thread. The park manager was very helpful and glad to provide any info. Let me know if there are any other specific questions and I'll ask.

1) Randolph campground would be the best because it has showers, water, etc. Also, it is barely 5 minutes drive from the ORV area.

2) There are NO fees at all to use the ORV area. Just don't light a fire, don't bring alcohol in, and be out by dark.

3) We can reserve a group shelter for $25.50, that is total for the entire weekend as long as we want. Damn good deal and a good idea I think.

4) Every vehicle that DRIVES into the state park campgrounds (Randolph or Fancy Creek) requires a $6 per day permit. Vehicles ON a trailer don't need the permit. Seniors and disabled are only $2.75 per day.

5) There's pretty much unlimited tent camping and we can have our tents around the group shelter if we get one.

6) Campsite fees are $7.50 per day. This is per unit and a unit is not just one tent. I put up a second tent for my kids but I'll still only pay $7.50 per day. Extra $2 for a prime site (not sure what that is exactly), +$5.50 for 1 utility, or +$7 for 2 utilities, and or +$8.50 for 3 utilities.

7) Tent campsites are not reserved, nor are there any set limits. The sites for campers, etc, can be reserved.

I have a copy of a map of the ORV park that I got from mike4x4neb. It's a 1.5MB zip file with a black-and-white and a color map. Both are topo maps with what looks like the main trails marked and some description of some areas. What's on the map isn't it though, really the whole place is kind of a maze. I'm going to get the color one printed out on some large paper and have it laminated. If anybody wants, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll send it to you.

Eric

·
Registered
65 Posts
If they are the shelters I am thinking of they are a concrete slab with a roof over it. It is big enough to cover probably 12 picnic tables and have room left people to move around freely. I should be at the park on the 8th, I would love to meet some of you. I probably won't be wheeling, since I have a chipped front ring gear, but I will be out there.

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
does the state park have seasonal passes? if so, how much are they? if we're looking at $6 per day, i'm looking at driving my RC back and forth for about 5 days, plus my tow rig in and out. i'm looking at a pretty good cost there. as for the shelter, i think that's an awesome idea, especially with the fact we're having a wedding there. we could use that as a sales booth for RCC stuff, a reception hall for the wedding, and even a first aid station for those who rough up more than their trucks in the park. Sam.... myself, willie, scott, and i think a few others will be there as soon as the 2nd, so let me know if i can help. should i reserve a number of camper sites when i'm there on Mar 8th? let me know, and i'll do it.

G

·
YankeeHick79 said:
does the state park have seasonal passes? if so, how much are they? if we're looking at $6 per day, i'm looking at driving my RC back and forth for about 5 days, plus my tow rig in and out. i'm looking at a pretty good cost there. as for the shelter, i think that's an awesome idea, especially with the fact we're having a wedding there. we could use that as a sales booth for RCC stuff, a reception hall for the wedding, and even a first aid station for those who rough up more than their trucks in the park. Sam.... myself, willie, scott, and i think a few others will be there as soon as the 2nd, so let me know if i can help. should i reserve a number of camper sites when i'm there on Mar 8th? let me know, and i'll do it.
There are annual vehicle passes, they are $30 if you buy before Mar 31 and $45 if you buy after Mar 31. A second annual pass is $20 before Mar 31, and $25 after Mar 31. Seniors/disabled are $15.25 before Mar 31, and $22.75 after Mar 31. Seniors/disabled second pass is $10.25 before Mar 31, and $12.75 after Mar 31.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
thanks, man! you rock. you going on Mar 8th? if so, i'll see ya there. i'll be in the 79 Ferd F250 (for now), brown with the white grandpa topper on it. thanks again!!!!!!

jeff

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm planning on going, does any one know what camp site is the one that we are staying @, my wife doesn't want to camp and is wondering if we can rent a travel trailer, cabin or something while there. I think if all we can do is camp she will do it. I'm planning on using my tracks and will need to stay off the roads as much as possible (cops) once the tracks are on. I want to put them on and leave them on the whole weekend. Someone please help me out. Mark

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Thought they were legal? Or you just don't want the hassle ov proving they are?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pretty much anywhere you camp will be close enough that you shouldn't run into any problems. It is mostly back roads from the camp grounds to the ORV. If you do run into a police officer, most of them are very cool guys, as long as you are cool with them. I don't know what the laws are regarding tracks, but I don't see it being a problem as long as you stay off the highway. This is Kansas you know, tractors, combines, etc are not uncommon, as long as they don't create a traffic hazard on major roads.

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
tracks said:
I'm planning on going, does any one know what camp site is the one that we are staying @, my wife doesn't want to camp and is wondering if we can rent a travel trailer, cabin or something while there. I think if all we can do is camp she will do it. I'm planning on using my tracks and will need to stay off the roads as much as possible (cops) once the tracks are on. I want to put them on and leave them on the whole weekend. Someone please help me out. Mark
i replied in the "attendees" topic. please don't post the same thing in every thread. thanks. and as far as i knew, the tracks were legal, but like phoenix said, hassles suck.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
it's no biggie. sorry if i came across pissy. i'll blame this one on the wife and kids buggin' me!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I totally understand ;D since I got layed off the wife has been on my case to work on the house, and my 3 year old is just like any other 3 year old. I have to keep 1 eye on him and the other on the floor so I don't kill myself on his stuff. :p

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
amen to that! i have a small grayound, a 2yr olddaughter and a 8 month old daughter. trippin' over dog, toys, and child in walker! ;D

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
ok I have both of you beat.LOL I have one dog one cat and q 3 year old a 2 yearold and one on the way. ;D (sorry I just had to put my two bits in)

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
now scott, that's your fault. if you two would quit humping like rabbits, you wouldn't be in the situation you are. i hope everything's going well for ya right now.i'll need to know for sure before 1 june if you can pull the RC or now. gotta make all reservations 1 month in advance. thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
I'm sure I can pull the RC the true question is will your ferd make it there and back? ( I may just run it over). As far as bing like rabbits all I have to do is look at her. LOL.

Scott

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.