Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
He meth'd it up.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
you see trucks like that at the mudbogs all the time. ya it would likely never be safe to be on the road again but for bud bogs and on your personal property it would likely do fine unless there is something else i am not seeing. if the body is as good as it looks around here it would be worth $800 easily. even $800 for a running driving mudtruck is not completely horrible.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Eh, I wouldn't trust that steering even at a mud bog.  Something like that is liable to break and the truck run off into the crowd or into another truck.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
like i said you see stuff like that at the mudbog all the time. this is why the pits are as deep at they are. you would probably roll that or most of the trucks if they wandered that close to the edge and the brakes failed after the steering broke. it is not like we are talking about mud drags where they got stupid fast trucks in mud where shit can go bad real quick. 

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
I was thinking more about the big open mud fields where there are no boundaries and it's not so much an organized competition but more of a "go and and tear stuff up with whatever you brought" kind of deal with everyone running at different speeds and in different directions.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
at the local pit there is a play area like that but you still usually have to go through the mudbog before you are allowed to play and even then there is usually no reason to go fast enough to loose control. plus there is only 1 berm where you can see the play area so it is not like there would be a ton of spectators watching the play area while the show is going on.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh don't get me wrong I thought about buying it, but in the end I think it would have been easier to just start with a normal dakota and put a solid axle under it the correct way rather than try to fix whats there.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
just around here it would be worth that any day of the week as body parts if it is solid. you could get anywhere from $500-1000 for a cab and same or decent box but i guess all the salt and sand kills any vehicle that drives on the road. i would guess parted out you might end up with anywhere from $1500-3000 where i live if you got the space to part it out but i guess markets may vary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.