Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope this will help others stay safe ,

ive been using paypal foryr now and on NOV 8th i was scamed out of 215 bucks by a guy who was verefied though paypal , so they called him and since he didnt have the money in his paypal account all they did was supend his account untill he pays me { like that will ever happin } so i asked paypal for his info so i can press charges and they told me they wont give that info out , so i said so if he dont pay me the most that will happin is he cant use his paypal account , the rep at paypal said YES . so be warned PAYPAL is UNSAFE and unwilling to help
:mad:

·
Founder
25,730 Posts
Could you give more details on how you were scammed and who did it? I have used PayPal ever since they first started and have never had a problem even with transactions for $700 + dollars. I probably use PayPal at least 20 times a month.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have used paypal since they started up and i always thought i was safe , well i found out { lucky was only 215 bucks } that paypal is not safe . i sent a guy 215 bucks for general lee decal kit for my charger { i should have known better } but hey this is getting payed with paypal and hes verified ,, well all paypal said was they asked him to refund the money he dont have it aso they cancled his account , they told me that theres nothen they can do about it , but he cant use that account unless he makes good with me ,, that does me a lot of good ? NOT they have made 1000s of dollers from me in fees . you would think they would help me out . no they protect the beadbeat and wont give me his info so i can file charges .

G

·
I've been using paypal for about a year now with no problems. Paypal didn't screw you, a paypal user did. They have to protect ALL their users identities, I wouldn't pass out the info either.

Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paypals service is to provide a safe way to tranzfer money , they claim that YOUR safe and that verified members are safe to deal with , paypal has made a lot of money from me and they should help , they are rude on the phone when it comes to helping with a problem . i posted this to keep people in check and in hopes no one will trust a lot of money in the hands of paypal , the guy who riped me is a criminal { paypal didnt loose } so they dont care i did . and becouse of paypal i have no way to fight him .

·
Founder
25,730 Posts
Well if you file a fraud complaint the proper authorities will contact paypal and get the info. A bank cannot give people who received bad checks info on the hot check writers account. It is the same thing with paypal. They can't tell you where he lives, just like a bank can't.

So I suggest that you go and file a fraud complaint, or possibly a mail fraud since I believe that is federal. They will get his info.

Again, what is this scam guys useraname on ebay and paypal?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this was the guy and what i was going to get , he made me a deal outside ebay , >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2964442437

now iam going to go with buildagenerallee.com for my decals like i should have in the firstplace ,,

·
Founder
25,730 Posts
1fastski said:
this was the guy and what i was going to get , he made me a deal outside ebay , >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2964442437

now iam going to go with buildagenerallee.com for my decals like i should have in the firstplace ,,
You might have had more help if you would of went with the ebay auction instead of going outside of it.

But I agree with what was said above, PayPal didn't screw you, one of the members did. Like I said, you can pursue this and PayPal will give out personal information to the proper authorities.

G

·
1fastski said:
YA YA rub it in lol { still paypal should help }
They will if you go about it in the right way. File a complaint, or a suit, with the courts and use a lawyer. Paypal will be asked for this guys info, and most likely will give it up. Worth a try if you really want your money back.

Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lets see 100 hr lawer { prob 500 bucks in the end if iam lucky } time in court IF i win i might get my 215 bucks back IF the guy has any money lol OR just put it as a lession learned . the latter sounds cheeper :-(

·
Founder
25,730 Posts
You don't even have to get a lawyer, file with the polic department or your district attorney. LOL, paypalsucks.com, there is a hate website for every company in existence, they aren't a very solid validity.

Again, file a fraud and mail fraud charge, you don't need a lawyer to do that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
iam a seadoo tech and i know about seadoosucks.com also lol BUT on most fourms ive posted on ive had a LOT of complaints about paypal , my only hope is to shed some light on anyone who trust that paypal is a safe place to keep your money , 100 bucks ya more then that dont bank your savings in there and be SAFE :)

·
Founder
25,730 Posts
like I have already said, I have done big money dealings using paypal and no problems, and I use it very frequently almost on a daily basis. Not one hitch yet. Then again, I don't bid on items from deadbeat listers/bidders :)

You can't blame PayPal for not giving out personal info, try getting that from credit card companies, banks, doctors, etc. You can't, it is the law. Only the proper authorities can get that info, which is why I say to file a fraud charge.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i think you are just looking for someone to blame, paypal assisted with the transfer in money. When the money went to the guy...that was the end of paypal's job. You didn't do your homework on this guy (reading user feedback), its your own fault you got scammed, not paypals.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that was not the end of paypals job , there big thing is that there SAFE to use . when push comes to shove they tell people to shove off , i dont really care about the 215 bucks its chump change , i posted this problem so others can see and hopfully learn and save there money . the funny thing is out of the 6 fourms ive posted this on , this is the only one with a few that disagree with me , most have had some problems with paypal and lost or had money siezed for months . in any case happy holladays and be safe

·
Founder
25,730 Posts
Well, they did provide a safe transaction, he safely go your money, correct? Like I said before, it is the law that doesn't let companies reveal personal account info. I sound like a broken record, but it is the same with banks, hospitals, etc. Just funny you keep blaming PayPal yet you don't even try to file fraudelent charges and you didn't do your homework on who you where sending money to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i did talk to the guy on the phone and had contact with him for about 2 weeks , sounded like he was ok and knew what he was taking about , and he was a verified paypal user so i thought he was ok , he gave me his cell number and address , after a week i talked to him again and he said all was ok and i should have my stuff soon , a few days later his email and phone were no good , thats when i called PP and they did there email to him when that failed they said TUFF your outa luck , i dont blame PP for the guy rippen me off , iam pissed at PP for not helping more then just sayin TOBAD when they could . i will be filing charges iam just a little busy at this time of the yr .

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.