Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  Does anyone have an extra passenger seat hinge?  Mine is rusted and broke.  I would like to take my wife out sometime , but I don't want her to get seasick with the seat rocking like it does. ( that ain't  suppose to rock ) 

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
I've never heard of it either, just when I am looking for an old NOS part, I Google "Mopar" and whatever the part number is and I can usually dig something up.  There were a couple on Ebay as well, but in the $70 range.  For that much, I would just buy a steel flat hinge from McMasterCarr and make it work, lol.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've seen everything from School Bus Door Hinges to Lowe's/Home Depot Piano Hinges used.  If/When mine go to shit, I'm just going to fab up a commercial door hinge (they have bearings in them vs. standard home door hinges) and bolt it up.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
When I first bought my '88 Ramcharger in '06 it had a brass door hinge on it with the holes chewed up by a way too small drill bit.  The seat would shift from side to side when it was lifted up.  They were still available from Mopar back then, so I ordered a new one and put it on.  Had they not been available, I probably would have made one work from McMaster or a hardware store barn door hinge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.