Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 89 W150 now that I'm going to build and I got a chance to buy an 80 one ton with a knocking 360 and a messed up body for 1500 bucks. My question is how interchangeable are the parts on this one ton with my 89 half ton?? If I buy it I'm definately swapping the axles and maybe the t-case. I want to know about stuff like grille, body parts, etc. Are most of them interchangeable? Thanks.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The bodyline is different 72 to 80 has one body line and 81 to 93 has another. Grills can be interchange between the years but keep it’s own radiator support and lower grill filler. Older grills in newer trucks have a funny angle a long the hood and fenders. All of the body parts bolt on but with the body line being different you get fenders rubbing doors.
T-case in the 80 should be the NP 203 full time case where the 89 should have the NP 208 or 241 witch is part time case. You will also loose the vacume to lock the front diff in, but if you are swapping rears out of the 80 that will not be a problem.

·
Registered
690 Posts
$1500 man I should pay attn to what I READ, that is way too much for a parts truck It a $500 truck at most.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
It's 1 ton 4 wheel drive. .......... read Dana 60 front and 205 T case. i call that a score. not to mention it has 4.10 - 4.56 gears and prob a locker in the rear. David

·
Registered
223 Posts
You should have incuded this info when you asked the question. Now the interchangability will differ. Whatever floats your boat......you're gonna do what you want anyway.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
the truck is a good grab for the 1 ton pieces that are getting hard to find but not for $1500 bucks. I agree that it's a 500 dollar truck at best. you're talking a trashed engine and rough at best body parts that don't even match the correct body lines of your 89. either pull the gearboxes and axles out of it for your truck or trash the body on it and throw your cab, bed and front clip onto the 80 frame and use your motor if you want the one ton frame as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.