Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I did some searches and found two companies that stock the parts I need.

Old Time Parts was a bust. In case anyone would ever want to try them they are no different than Pep Boys, Auto Zone or CarQuest.

Year One. Couldn't find part on their site.

Paddock. Bingo--had parts and at the most reasonable prices. Unfortunately if we can't salvage the tank assembly, I'm looking at $165.00.

Moparts. Also bingo--Moparts linked me to RPM Restoration Parts. A new company in GA. Parts were there just a little more expensive. Two companies are better than one.

Herbee Motors and tempedodge--to be honest I didn't even try because I had already found what I needed by then.

Thanks guys, you saved what's left of my sanity again!

Chump said:
Thanks...this is what I came up with at one site for the sender unit....
2421493 GAS TANK UNIT [(superceded)U2932960,4051004,3621615] 1963-76 V,L
If you can verify this part number www.arizonaparts.com has Qty 2 of them for $70 apiece.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Odd that they are using Mopar numbers. But I will keep that site on my list.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can repair or adjust the unit I have. I will hold off ordering until the exploratory is done.

janabrute said:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can repair or adjust the unit I have. I will hold off ordering until the exploratory is done.
This parts site is dedicated to Mopar NOS (New Old Stock) parts. These are the original parts that the dealer once had in inventory and were bought by places like Arizona Parts. You have to trust me as I have been looking for mopar parts for 30 years for restoration and old car buffs. There are still some original parts in the box for Mopars going back to the 1920's:)

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Chump said:
janabrute said:

This parts site is dedicated to Mopar NOS (New Old Stock) parts. These are the original parts that the dealer once had in inventory and were bought by places like Arizona Parts. You have to trust me as I have been looking for mopar parts for 30 years for restoration and old car buffs. There are still some original parts in the box for Mopars going back to the 1920's:)
Oh, no doubt, I trust you. NOS is my preference over used or reconditioned parts.

I will have to call them to verify the part number. I know the number will cross reference back to the code number but I don't know which of the six part numbers I found belong to which '68 model. That's not clear in my parts catalog.

DODGEBOYS said:
yup crushed it / it was a 69 340 Valiant with four piston Kelsey-Hayes front disc brakes with sway bar and manual steering / 8 3/4 with 3.55 sure grip / swamped at a hundred two years ago / almost died / it was a two door post coup / there are pictures of it on here somewere / l miss it but l,m glad its gone
Dam You I would have come and got it for parts :( I have a 66 Dart Post 273HP car
moparPW200guy said:
do you realize how hard it is to find an A-Body 8 3\4 houseing????
Not that hare I have 3 ::)
Another good source for early A-Bnody parts is
www.laysons.com

i have ONE and thats all i have found in 5 yrs without going out of state. i cant afford shipping. i have 2 other darts that require them but thats a different story

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Woo Hoo!! UPS just dropped off my clip. Paddock did pretty good. I ordered on Monday and I received it today. Thought I would have to wait a week to a couple of weeks. The shipping cost as much as the part but hey, what can I do about that. I need the part.

The part is not NOS but its more than I had and it will work. Now I need the weather to break so I can empty the gas tank and get Art to Woody's.

Thanks again guys!

moparPW200guy said:
do you realize how hard it is to find an A-Body 8 3\4 houseing???? i have had a HELL of a time finding one for my darts and you crushed one???!!!!!! are you NUTS???!!!! the rear alone is impossible to find as are the 4piston cals and the front swaybar... i have also been searching for a 340 for YEARS and thats gone to??? .................... :mad:{angry]
I have an A body 8 3/4 for sale, also a front sway bar off a 66 Valiant. Oh wait I also have a set of .920 diameter Mopar Performance torsion bars and a complete 73 up disk brake set up that is new parts except for the spindles and control arms. If you are interested give me a holler...

Brian

i have the front suspention stuff for big bolt at home but what do you want for the 8 3\4 and the torsions????

Discussion starter · #33 ·
moparPW200guy said:
no problem.... did ya order their catalog while you were on their site????
They sent a catalog along with the order free. Just got done looking through it. Lots of nice things I want but can't afford.
They are a little pricey but availability is more important.

You can order a catalog off their site. I think its free.

Slanted_Mind said:
Check the ground strap to the gas tank, and the sending unit. Bad grounds will throw off the resistance being read by the gauge from the sending unit.

-SM
Zactly what he said. ;D

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Actually I'm hoping this new clip works. I forgot that I put some lead substitute in the gas because Art was pinging a little more than I liked. So I can't siphon the gas into the Chevy.

Looks like the weather will take a break Sunday-so here's my chance to work on both boys.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.