Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
11,510 Posts
Sam I'm thinking about your idea on the weld on spring pads. What do you think about incorporating a "U" bolt delete into the weld on perch?
Jim

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Hmm, that would mean axle retention would relay on the quality of the weld holding the perch on.  Not sure how I would like that.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Elwenil said:
Hmm, that would mean axle retention would relay on the quality of the weld holding the perch on. Not sure how I would like that.
I was thinking the same thing. They would have to go half way around the axle and be done by an expert welder.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
I don't know.  It would be "neater" looking as far as shows are concerned but the traditional GM style U-bolt flip works and has a nice mechanical connection around the axle that's hard to beat.  In my opinion there isn't much to be gained since you would only gain 1/2" of clearance at the most from the normal flipped U-bolts and the housing still hangs down farther than any of it.

Now if you want to whip up a nice weld on heavy duty shock mount kit to go with either idea to get rid of the stock U-bolts, then I think you might have something that would interest me, lol.  Either way you go you eliminate the stock shock mount that is vulnerable to damage and have no where to mount the shock.  Just welding a bolt or stud to the axle tube works but is almost as damage prone as the stock mount.  I was going to cut off the stock mounts from a front axle to use on the rear, but they aren't much better, just at a right angle.  Anyway, something to think about.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not trying to change the subject. But I would like to see some good quality step bars that actually bolt to frame. Just another idea.

·
Registered
223 Posts
how about cross over steering bars minus the outer c top plate. for dana 60.with joints already welded on. and a pan hard bar with brackets for us with 8" lifts?

·
Vendor
11,510 Posts
Earl said:
how about cross over steering bars minus the outer c top plate. for dana 60.with joints already welded on. and a pan hard bar with brackets for us with 8" lifts?
Earl,
Do you have pics of what your talking about?
Jim

·
Vendor
11,510 Posts
91powerram said:
Not trying to change the subject. But I would like to see some good quality step bars that actually bolt to frame. Just another idea.
I'll keep this in mind because I will need a set fore mine also!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hey Jim,
Any more thought to fabbing up more brackets for the NP205 parking brake?

·
Vendor
11,510 Posts
I have been thinking about them but I need to get my house done before I get the time to R&D new items. I do miss coming up with new products to build.
Jim

G

·
I think it has been said before, but a frame boxing kit would be cool. Just a bunch of 3/16" plate (or 1/4", depending on the application) pre-cut to be welded by the customer.

·
Vendor
11,510 Posts
The only one I could possibly do would be for the late 80s RC because that's the only pattern I would have.  I'll think about it when the CTD goes in my gold RC.
Jim

·
Registered
72 Posts
How about a H.D. spare tire carrier for pop-top Ramchargers/Traildusters. It would be nice to use the stock mounts for the external/tailgate swing out tire carrier-if they're strong enough. ???

·
Registered
29,309 Posts
Jimbo / just askin / but stock height front spring hangers that bolt in the stock location but moved forward to the end of the frame / its just what l need so the 16/35/16 Boggers dont tickle the fender with a four inch lift / l "could" make them but if your all setup / l hadta ask

1 - 20 of 31 Posts