Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the levers/arms that connect the parking brake cables to the brake shoes still available for a Dana 60/70?

My ‘97 Ram 1500 needs a rear end (someone changed the rear out for a 2.87 ratio 9-1/4” and it doesn’t match the 3.55 ratio front)  and I’ve got a ‘76 Dana 60 DRW Cab & Chassis Rear that will fit. Spring perches are in the correct spots, it’s narrow enough to fit under the factory bed as a Dually without installing Dually quarters and it’s 3.55 ratio.

Problem is, the parking brake levers are missing. Kinda want a function parking brake with the Ram being an NV4500 equipped truck. I’ve searched around online, but I haven’t found anything.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
the arm should be the same as a d60 srw , a junk yard ?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Bendix parking brake hardware is very common. Dana 60/70 srw or drw. 70s/80s Ford probably the same too.

I have two of those 70's C&C diffs, but they are D70s not 60s. Driveshaft length for the longer pinion should be checked. You will lose your ABS sensor... may not matter to you, unless it drives the speedo also.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
u2slow said:
Bendix parking brake hardware is very common. Dana 60/70 srw or drw. 70s/80s Ford probably the same too.

I have two of those 70's C&C diffs, but they are D70s not 60s. Driveshaft length for the longer pinion should be checked. You will lose your ABS sensor... may not matter to you, unless it drives the speedo also.
I already have the correct driveshaft on hand, as well as new u bolts. Not worried about losing the ABS, just having functioning 4WD for the winter. I can always add the Sensor and Reluctor later and swap the front hubs to 3/4 ton versions so that the bolt pattern matches

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
I suggest placing a wanted post here , many folks have switched to disc brakes and may have the old drum part you need , the arm the cable attaches TO in the drum .

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point. I posted a wanted ad.

·
Administrator
62,302 Posts
I believe they are the same for chebby & Dodge,(In think ford also) D60,70 with 12" by XX" brakes. Also the same brake parts were used on the 8 lug 9&1/4HD ( drum brakes, not the new disk stuff).

Have you checked Rock Auto? I've seen them for sale new somewhere, just can't remember where.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No luck on Rock Auto, at least from what I’ve seen.

I searched 1969-1997 on Dodge B250/350, DW250/350, Ram 2500/3500, same for Chevy C20/30, K20/30, and Ford F-250/350 and E250/350.

I kinda wonder if the levers in the 9-1/4” under the Ram wouldn’t work if I extended them? It’s got 11” brakes, the question is, would it fit the 12” shoes in the Dana 60. Sorry, just brain farting there. Worst case scenario I’ll have to make a trip to junkyard and hope that they even have a 70’s/80’s Dodge/Ford/Chevy with a Dana to yank the parts from.

·
Administrator
62,302 Posts
Worth a shot.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just realized, I could pull the drums off the Dana 70 in my ‘75 D300, pop the brake levers out and make duplicates of them for my Dana 60!

I keep forgetting that the D300 is here, since she’s parked pending repairs (core support tore at the cab mount and it sunk enough to punch the steering shaft and bearing out of the top of the column)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.