Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace the valve body in my truck, after unbolting the VB I rotated it down to get to the clip that holds the parking rod in place, took it loose and removed the VB, at which time the park rod slid out and landed on my chest ! I have changed a VB on a 46 RE like this one before and had no problem with the rod coming out ! What will I have to do to get this back where it goes, I can't find anything that tells me, will I have to drop the transfer case and remove the overdrive or ? Any help would be Great, thanks Larry

·
29,388 Posts
If you look back in the general area that the rod came out of, you'll see a slot that has a tapered "trap door" (so to speak) that comes in from the top and only partially covers this opening, that is where the rod goes. That little trap door only slides up in certain positions as the output shaft rotates, it needs to be in that postion to get the rod in. I suggest raising the rear wheels and while puting your finger (I think you can reach it??) or a screwdriver on it, you'll feel where it can pop up as you turn the output shaft.

If this doesn't make sense, I can find a picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys , that info is not only really helpful but a relief, cause I really was not looking forward to having to take the transfercase off if I could avoid it, cause I could not find anything in any of my books or sites that even showed a pic of it ! And thanks to the friend who sent me the message with the info, also to the one with the pic posted of the park rod on the help list!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts