Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never been here, but have heard good and bad about it.
What have I heard?
The good? GREAT wheeling!!
The bad? The rules and (sometimes) the attitude.

Main website, http://www.paragonap.com/index.htm
Rules, http://www.paragonap.com/p_explore_rules.htm
The rules seem to be similar to Superlift park, one thing I noticed is "All SUV/4x4 must be insured. PA State Law requires all ATV's to be registered and insured (or conform to your States ATV Law)." It does NOT say REGISTERED! Just insured!
Once again, I will get the PA members that know the park better to chime in when they get back from Rausch Creek.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
the only thing i really dont like is that you have to be off the trails by 6 pm. if your not off, they start charging you 35 bucks per 3 trucks per 30 minutes. from what ive read, rausch creek would be better for a ram jam.

Duane

·
5,663 Posts
CLRracer said:
the only thing i really dont like is that you have to be off the trails by 6 pm. if your not off, they start charging you 35 bucks per 3 trucks per 30 minutes. from what ive read, rausch creek would be better for a ram jam.

Duane
HOLY SH*T screw that, if my truck breaks we would have to haul a$$ out of the trail just i could afford to fix it ;D That is crazy, i can't believe they charge that much. I wouldn't want to go there just for fear of breaking down toward the end of the day ;D

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
we'd have to haul your truck with us. they charge 35 bucks each time they find a truck not with its group.

Duane

·
5,663 Posts
CLRracer said:
we'd have to haul your truck with us. they charge 35 bucks each time they find a truck not with its group.

Duane
Good lord, better bring lots of chains, winchs, straps, and flatbed trailers ;D

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, draga trailer up every trail! lol Hmm, Arial support? ;D

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
Paragon is huge compared to Rausch Creek. The wheelin is great at both spots, but Rausch is definately easier to deal with. Paragon can hold almost any size crowd though.

RCC has a very good reputation at Rausch thanks to the members that have been there. Management has been very accomodating to us because we have proven ourselves trustworthy. We would be welcomed there in large numbers I am sure.

I'd recommend Rausch Creek.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Sounds like another place I would not go to. I'd like to know more about this Rausch Creek.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Paragon is what I was speaking of. Thank you for the link to Rausch

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
From what I can see it's mostly rocks and rock trails, and more rocks. Are there any regular trails without all the rocks, any mud pits, obstical course. Just asking

G

·
Toyradio said:
From what I can see it's mostly rocks and rock trails, and more rocks. Are there any regular trails without all the rocks, any mud pits, obstical course. Just asking
Butch (StupidDodge) goes up way more than I have, and I never made it to the mud...yet. But I think he would know.

From what the guys say, it's more rock climbing than mud, but the mud pits that they have are really good.
Here are some links to the pics on PA's chapter:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thehe...photos.yahoo.com/ph/theheckelfamily/my_photos
http://photobucket.com/albums/v352/reddodge85/Rausch Creek/Rausch Creek 8-04/
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/theheckelfamily/album?.dir=/a997&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http

The trips they took before the summer there were a lot of mud pics...I can't find them. :(

I don't know if there is an obstical course up there.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I go to Paragon almost once a month with friends of mine. They really aren't that strict there, as long as you don't go wheeling like a jackass. You do have to have a group leader or "tour guide" that you can buy but I am certified as one. Need one for every three or four people. It's huge and I do have pics that I can link if you want.

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
I have not been to either yet. but from what my fellow pennsylvania members say Rausch creek is the way to go(esp for a future Ram Jam possibility) due to the park managers and how accomodating they are.
the 6 pm curfew at paragon doesn't sound like it would fit the criteria of ramchargercentral.com LoL
and I am not a huge fan of rules ;)

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
G

·

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
Toyradio said:
Rock trails are kind of the norm here in PA. Rausch does have "regular" trails, mud pits and plenty of obstacles. Sort of something for everybody, but the more challenging trails are mainly rock climbing.

Stock vehicles can tour just about anywhere in the park. Challenge rated trails (blue, black, and red) generally off-shoot from the stock trails (green), so folks with no lift can get around and view the action by foot. The blue and black trails can take an hour or more each for a decent size group. It's impossible to do every trail in one weekend.

Tent camping is a little limited. There's a very large staging area that is ok for RVs, and a couple campgrounds and motels nearby.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Phoenix827 the pics are pretty cool. But is it always so brown there? Or was it just the time of the year? Where is the grass? From what I see it could be fun. How about camping? Is there an on-site place to camp where we could all be together at one time without traveling back and forth? We had a good turn out this year and I hope for as much in the coming years. Maybe more.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Toyradio said:
Phoenix827 the pics are pretty cool. But is it always so brown there? Or was it just the time of the year? Where is the grass?
LOL!! It's basically an abandonded strip mine, thats what a, gives it some of the terrain, and b, means there isn'r much grass. There is some there, but most of the spots that would have grass seem to be either where the roads were carved origanally or where they stripped to bare rock or dumped the "trash" left over from the mines.
As for the color, you should see the mud in spots! JET BLACK!!
From what I see it could be fun. How about camping? Is there an on-site place to camp where we could all be together at one time without traveling back and forth?
There are a few sites for camping, where we stayed was perfect for 8-10 people with 4-6 tents. further in is a bigger camping area. No power or water, ground is rocky as heck, (see below)but last I heard that was one of the things that the park wanted to work on making better.
We had a good turn out this year and I hope for as much in the coming years. Maybe more.
SAME HERE!!!

One thing that I noticed when I pullled in to the park the first time, is that EVERYTHING out front is covered with what I call rip-rap. It's all rocks a bit bigger then your fist used for erosion control. There is plenty of it around on the main road in the park, it works great for controlling runoff, but it is a pain to drive on. Once the Firewitch gets back I know she can fill in all the gaps I have. She seems to be the one that planned the first trip and is sort of the unofficial "go-between" from RCC to Rausch Creek.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts