Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I bought some motor mount brackets off of Ebay and I noticed that they look slightly different than the BB bkts I looked at on another RCC member's RC. Although I'm sure the differences are insignificant, I'd still like to verify the P/N.

03823214 "E BKT"

03823215 "E BKT"

Any body have a way to look these up to verify that they are indeed the BB 4WD truck motor mount brackets?

Thanks.

·
7,995 Posts
03823214....R/H

03823215....L/H

Verified from the 74-77 parts catalog. There are different brackets for the mobile home that may be made to fit or there are some aftermarket brackets from Bouchillon that may look a bit different.
http://bouchillonperformance.com/BPEtruckKit.asp

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay,so you say the P/N's check out. And these are definately from the from "Parts Dept. Chrysler Motors" because they still have the sticker with the P/N and all other info. I tried the Driver side bracket( left) 03823215 on and it seems to fit up great. But the passenger side (right) 03823214 seems a little bit off. There are these little welded on tube ends concentric to the bolt mounting holes that are not flush with each other and don't both mate up to the mounting tabs on the right side of the engine block. And it seems as though the bend of the right side bracket is a little bit off as well. Could Mopar parts have decided to stock the same bracket for both the trucks and the motor homes, giving instructions on how to modify the same brackets for use in the trucks? ???

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly a little bit. but I'm still not sure what the function of the un-flush tube ends are. (Look at the photo of the right side bracket on the web site you mentioned) It doesn't seem to allow the right side bracket to mount up to the block the way I saw it fitted on another RamCharger.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that's what I thought. Does the passenger side mount on the outside of the tabs as well? Did you see the short and long tube ends I was talking about in the picture from the web site you posted? what do you think is going on with that?

·
7,995 Posts
McGuyver said:
Yeah, that's what I thought. Does the passenger side mount on the outside of the tabs as well? Did you see the short and long tube ends I was talking about in the picture from the web site you posted? what do you think is going on with that?
My brackets mount on the front side of both engine block tabs. I hate to say this but I don't think your brackets are real Mopar, but that doesnt mean they wont work.

·
7,995 Posts
The last picture is what I have on my truck from the factory. I see what you mean in the first picture...one bracket does not look correct. Check the brackets and see if there are any part numbers stamped into them. It is possible the bracket was mislabled at the parts depot when they sent it to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Done it. both brackets have the correct P/N printed on them with white ink. The bracket is painted black. The sticker from the dealership also has the correct P/N on it. The wierd thing is that even the aftermarket brackets that you posted the web link to look like the brackets I got, but both are different than the original factory bracket. ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts