Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this rig just about a year ago. Then decided i didnt want to work on it in the Texas heat laying on gravel. So i started my shop in march and finished it july (subbed out the concrete and the shingles). Wellllllll after much back and forth from strokers, to rebuild, 440's. I landed on a nice magnum 360 long block crate motor because of the price and power. The interior of this truck blows me away everytime, and when its all said and done hopefully it will be the complete package. I apologize to the sticklers, but i had to get the prospector and glove box custom badges for it (it should earn them upon completion). Still need to get the 727 rebuilt to handle the new engine, different gears, sand, paint, swap out to the pre-87' grill, dress the long block, holly sniper efi, a little lift for the rear end for that "shackled" look, and probly a hundred other things before im cruising around. I have been reading all yall's tips on magnum swaps over and over and over so as to avoid stupid mistakes, finger crossed. I really appreciate the members here for there tips, tricks, and ingenuity. Any suggestions are more than welcome, unless its to sell  ;D . i hope i load  these pics correctly 

Attachments

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
nice !  a shop to work no less good deal .  360 mags .... a comment , are the same engine as the L/A with some improvements in sealing , and because of the spark timing being computer controlled , heads/compression/fuel delivery .You can without modifiying the LOOK of the truck convert the electrial system to the 1993 mpfi and have the full benefit of a mag motor , its what I'd do , change 3 wire harness's a dash cluster and speedo pick-up on trans.. if you keep a 727 , you will have to notch the bellhousing for the all important crank sensor , NOT HARD to do

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more progress

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats been filling my days off, 1/2 days, dreams, day-dreams, and thoughts

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to paint it myself, but glad to get the experience

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not a fan of the 80"s style "texturing" on the 4" trim, so i decided to slick it out. fixed the cracks in the center caps (almost holy grail items now). and i could not find a bench seat bracket cover that matched mine so i had to slap some fiberglass bondo in and "patch" it

Attachments

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
very nice :) I like the color . looks good

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you sir, its a great 20' pant job, a good 10', and a passable 2' lol! But for never using a hvlp gun before im pleased with the outcome. I really need to improve my cut and buff skillz though. Finally getting into sunlight revealed some pigtails and hologram swirls.

Ive been trying to find someone else who filled in the 4 seams that are about 5' off the ground on either side of the rounded glass. Fingers crossed its not like a house expansion joint and blows up twisting through a turn.... :-[

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks alot guys, its been a labor of love.

I risked it and drove her the 15 minutes back to my house from the exhaust shop. _All back country roads at 35 mph.... except when i got her up to 55 for a second lol. the tranny was still a bit laggy initially and there was some smoke from the header wrap once it was up to temp. But all and all i consider it a really big success. added a quart of tranny fluid and it seems to be better. Man this sounds mean with True dual super 10's! went down to 2.5" pipes for the hopeful torque gain.

I had a AHA moment today while troubleshooting my oil pressure gauge wasn't working at all. i had the 3 prong sending unit mistaken for the "bell" shaped one. a quick swap and i have a good strong reading in the cluster now.

also fixed what i thought was just some fallen cluster displays, but turns out it was originally installed low?!? weird

Hopefully in the next couple days i can get the state inspection knocked out, and start breaking her in

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.