Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am trying to locate the overdrive solenoid on my 93 ram charger I was told
It has a connector on the outside and should have two wires going to it an orange and blue is what I was told I believe but I cannot find anything on either side of the transmission that shows me where it is. It’s a 4wd model by the way. I was hoping someone can help me locate it because I am at a loss I want to see if the computer is sending power when the key is on and start trying to do diagnostics. Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok great thank you do you happen to know how many wires are going to the solenoid and what colors they are. I’m trying to do some tests with a voltmeter to see why my overdrive is not working and aren’t sure which wires to check. Thank you again

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
there are 3 wires , the center one is HOT all the time , the puter and your switches on / off the correct ground for either L/U or O.D. or both , the O.D. is also switched off by the dash switch .  key on , engine running center wire is power , power your test light to "see" if the other 2 get a ground at 42 + mph ....

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
on the 2-pin connector, the rear pin is 12v source power, and the front is the ground wire which when grounded/ungrounded activates/deactivates the overdrive.

on the 3-pin connector, the center pin is 12v source power, the front remains ground for OD, and the rear is the ground for LU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.