Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of my #13 Rod Hall and my brother's #3 Rod Hall trucks. There 2 of the 32 ever made in 1990. They both are pretty much the same except mine has fog light delete on the front bumper. They came factory with a two inch lift and 31" tires. If anyone knows where there is any more please let me know. Our buddy just bought the #2 Rod Hall. Found it in California and had it shipped up here in Maine. Post some pic of all three soon.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nice trucks! These trucks were originally supposed to come out in 87. The plan was to build 1500 then. I didn't know they only built 32 when they eventually brought them out in 1990. The book I have says they retailed for around 18,000 in 1990.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think there were 33 made but one got smashed up in delivery. I have a pic of a white 1987 Rod Hall. There are a few deferences in them. I'll post of the white 87 as soon as i can find it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Is the 3rd one red or black ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have not experienced this level of jealousy for some time. :mad:
GIVE ME YOUR TRUCKS!

Seriously, it looks like you guys have some nice stuff up there. Please take good care of them and post more close-up pictures!

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Was it you or your brother I had talked to in Carlisle? In the car corral in 2000.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yes, The white one is mine. Any Pictures of the other one?
When you get a second send me an email
[email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RODHALL said:
Yes, The white one is mine. Any Pictures of the other one?
When you get a second send me an email
[email protected]
I think this one may be 87 because it doesn't have the blacked out grill. And the dash tag that tells what number it is, is gone. No rollbar, It has the regualar bumper on the front and back,instead of having tubular ones on it. It has the rod hall stripes with the rod hall cut out of it on the rear quarter. That's make me beleive it might be a 90, because your has the rod hall stripes with no rod hall cut out on the rear quarter. It's located in your state and for sale for $4,500. It's probably a 90 but I'm not sure it could be 87. I'll send you a picture of it when i can find it, all I have right now is a picture of it I printed out a couple of months ago. I was thinking about buying it but with no dash plaque i dont know if i dare too. I can't remember if you said your truck still has the dash plaque in it or not. That may of been one of the things they had to take off the truck when they recalled them in 87.

·
Registered
690 Posts
If you want me to go look at it, I can. But if you decided to pass on it, let me know. I do know someone who said he was looking for one, so I could find it a home.

I was wanting to talk / follow up on the MCG Readers Ride Article about maybe doing an on-line registry for these trucks, and see what all you had thought should go into it. It would be something if we can find all 48 and figure out witch # truck was destroyed in shipping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my brother has talked to Carlisle about having a special area where we can show these trucks at next summers show. They said it was a good idea. I'll let you know more about it later on, so far we have 4 going. You sould bring your, I'd love to see it in person. As for the other truck i'll try to find out more info on where exactly it's located.

·
Registered
34 Posts
At the risk of sounding ignorant, who is rod hall? I mean i do know who carol shelby is and other muscle car/truck namesakes are but this is new to me. How about a quick description of the particular options or set-ups of these trucks? Maybe a good link? I have a standard '87 w250 and am very intrigued by these "macho - like" 80's trucks. Lookin' good!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Rod Hall was the wickedest desert and Baja 1000 racer of all time. Not even remotely sure how many championships he won, but it was alot. He has raced alot of rigs too, from Ford to Chevy (correct me if I'm wrong) and Dodge (hell yea!!). He's the King of the sand, that's who he is.

Those are some nice trucks man, take care of 'em. Gave me some idears for my rig....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thats a nice looking truck man.  It looks familiar, I think I have seen driving around Bangor before.  I didn't know there were any in the area.  I have a 78 Macho myself, but it needs a full off resto.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts