Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 1999 mini, I have dual zone climate control. The passenger side goes from hot to cool, but the drivers side has issues doing so. Sometimes it will go to the extreme hot or cold as expected, but only after 10-15 minutes driving. Usually it never gets to hot or cold.

I tried calibrating by holding in two buttons and allowing the system to run through all its motions, but that didn't completely solve the problem.

I think each climate zone has a hot/cool servo that operates a flapper. I'll assume that the drivers side is hanging up or the linkage is broken.

Can anyone walk me through accessing, diagnosing, and repairing this? Or if you have a FSM scan or link to the repair.

Planning a family road trip later this month and AC would be very nice to have!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
here you go / also read the attachment

Vehicle Application: 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L, FLEX, Vin G, Eng Des EGM 

Customer Concern: The blend doors will not switch to top to bottom. Stays in one position. 
Tests/Procedures: 1. Start with recalibrating the system.

2. The recalibration procedure must begin with a warm evaporator or the cool down test will not pass.

3. To initiate recalibration, start the engine, set the blower motor on high, set the mode position to panel, open all A/C outlets, set the temperature to cold (both temperature sliders if equipped). Depress and hold the rear washer and rear wiper buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds or until all Light Emitting Diode (LED)'s light. Calibration is running when the rear wiper LED and intermittent LED are alternately flashing. Calibration is complete when just the rear wiper LED is flashing.

4. Push the rear wiper button once more to exit diagnostic mode. A related document, the complete procedure with diagnostics, is available. 
Potential Causes: Actuator Motor
Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) Control Module
Wiring Harness

Diagnostic Codes: None 

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've run the calibration without success.  I still have the problem.  It must be a failure of the servo motor to fully move the flapper or a mechanical problem linking the servo to the flapper.  Not sure how to proceed in accessing these parts

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
l,d crawl my a$$ under the dash while somebody pushed the buttons and see what dont work right / then unhook the one that dont and and flip it by hand to see if it binds and see if you get the air you want

1 - 4 of 4 Posts