Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! What are some really good Mopar forums? I signed up for Moparchat, and still haven't been allowed to post yet by the moderator there. I really want to pick some die hard, but intelligent Mopar guy's brains(not that this site isn't good), but I want to make sure I'm on relevant and busy site too. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Moparts and Moparchat are the two I was on most frequently years ago.  I quit going to them once I got out of the muscle car resto stuff.  Not sure how relevant they are now since a lot of forums are dying due to the infection known as "facebook".    :-\

·
Registered
799 Posts
Depending on your vehicles there is b-bodies only or A-bodies only, they arent bad.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I'm on 2 Powerwagon forums & 2 Sweptline sites. Those plus this site generally have covered all the truck questions that I'm interested in.

The cars got too rich for my blood 30yrs ago.

Bucky

·
Registered
399 Posts
Are there any other forums that discuss these trucks? Specifically the 70s trucks? I havnt ever found any as active as this one.

Im not even on any other social media, aside from this and one other forum. And I just joined these in the past year. I joined this forum because I knew I would need help on my truck, I am 25 and didnt grow up with these 70s trucks and technology. Got alot of antique tractors that I cut my mechanical teeth on but trucks are more involved.

Really appreciate the knowledge and willingness to help on this site, I’d be lost without ya’lls help and my service manual (that yall told me to get haha).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
W200'78 said:
Are there any other forums that discuss these trucks? Specifically the 70s trucks? I havnt ever found any as active as this one.

Im not even on any other social media, aside from this and one other forum. And I just joined these in the past year. I joined this forum because I knew I would need help on my truck, I am 25 and didnt grow up with these 70s trucks and technology. Got alot of antique tractors that I cut my mechanical teeth on but trucks are more involved.

Really appreciate the knowledge and willingness to help on this site, I'd be lost without ya'lls help and my service manual (that yall told me to get haha).

This is the best site for those 70's truck questions.
Why bother with any thing else.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That's the truth right there

KurtfromLaQuinta said:
This is the best site for those 70's truck questions.
Why bother with any thing else.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I can say from my research, Id have to agree. Was just wondering if there were others.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
One of the power wagon sites has a sub-forum for 72-93 trucks, but it is NOT very active.
Pirate4x4 also has a Dodge forum, but it's mostly high-tech hardcore off-road/rockcrawl stuff & is the most UNfriendly website in existence.

Right here is where ya oughta be.

Bucky

·
Registered
154 Posts
Before I found RCC, I frequented Moparforums.com, and MyMopar.com and found some really good help! But here at RCC, I found the most active truck enthusiast to be. Especially since my '71 Dodge W100 no longer has original parts and equipment, however Chrysler stuff on my truck, which the board has since helped identify.

712edf, I registered with Sweptline.org, and after 5 days or more, I still have an inactive account. Also, alot of topics on that forum are incomplete. But, I found an amazing amount of help there for body stuff for my truck. But the mechanics of my truck belong here, lol!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
At one time, both sweptline.org & dodgesweptline.org were very active. The owner of the latter (Mopar Norm) passed away a few years ago. sweptline.org changed hands a time or two. Neither are as busy as once before. Same for power wagon advertiser, it's founder passed away 2-3 yrs ago too.

Dodgepowerwagon.com is still alive & well, doesn't require registering or logging in. But they don't cover the 70's truck as much as RCC.

Bucky

·
Registered
120 Posts
The vast majority of the other Dodge forums I have found all concentrate on the newer "Ram" crap...for 70s trucks...you are there! For a dying format...this forum is the most active and knowledgeable...and friendly I might add.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The arguing mostly stays in the tin foil section. I wander through there once in a while. Lol I have done that enough to know that I want no part of those threads. Entertaining to read at times though.

I will also add, though building a vehicle from the ground up isnt my thing (I just like to maintain my older truck), I do keep up with some of the build threads on here and I must say they are quite impressive. I am a machinist by trade and like to see stuff people have made from scratch. The build threads here are some of the best, along with the help and knowledge from other members.

·
Registered
120 Posts
KThaxton said:
Except sometimes, we like to argue ;D......you seem to have an over the top aversion to current Rams, I've had both, I'll take my current Ram any day. Just sayin.
You know what...that is only true because of what I read on the internet...lol Naw I just prefer simple...I actually own...(do not tell anybody) a much more modern Dodge Durango..which I like quite well..I was fired up about buying a newer early 2000s truck with the 12 valve diesel until every other one I looked at had electrical issues..kinda spooked me..and they use those terms like....censors..and computer this and computer that...BAH! If it came out after 1980...I am gonna passola...no offense to those who drive them...I will happily give you a ride after the emp attack..LOL!

·
Super Moderator
30,041 Posts
brushhippie said:
You know what...that is only true because of what I read on the internet...lol Naw I just prefer simple...I actually own...(do not tell anybody) a much more modern Dodge Durango..which I like quite well..I was fired up about buying a newer early 2000s truck with the 12 valve diesel until every other one I looked at had electrical issues..kinda spooked me..and they use those terms like....censors..and computer this and computer that...BAH! If it came out after 1980...I am gonna passola...no offense to those who drive them...I will happily give you a ride after the emp attack..LOL!
Because you fear it, doesn't mean it is crap. Typically when I see people bash modern trucks, it's just their cognitive dissonance manifesting (i.e. the fox and the grapes fable). Just sayin. ;)
Oh and those computers.....they allow my truck to have sooo much sweet usable torque. I'll take my "low" output Cummins with 800 ft/lbs of torque over whatever the peak was from the factory in the 70's and 80's......what was it, did it even make 300 ft/lbs?

and....my 86 didn't have any computers.

Yeah, we (I) like to argue. ;D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ok well not wanting to watch ten grand burn up makes one fearful ....I guess that is me but the fact remains the newer trucks sport wafer then metal and a huge amount of plastic...crap...my point...was for someone looking for info on RCs and PWs you have to pour through a mountain of newer truck crap on most of the Dodge forums.....sorry I hurt your feelings...my apologies. Enjoy your newer truck my friend!

·
Super Moderator
30,041 Posts
You didn't offend me, but you're being a bit dramatic and again....sporting cognitive dissonance.

Thinner sheet metal? Maybe, haven't measured.....but everything else (frame, axles, trans) are far beefier. That is what matters.

...and the ten grand burning up thing....what are you talking about? The engine? That's certainly not an issue.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.