Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is an orange box? And would it help my performance on an 86 RC w/360. Any other little tricks to help me get more performance out of it until I ca afford to rebuild it.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
An Orange Box is an orange painted ECU put out by Mopar Performance that offers slightly better ignition performance than the stock ECU.  Generally you won't notice much difference from the stock ECU and 90% of the ignition mods you can do won't give you a power increase that you can feel.  I personally love the MSD 6AL but other than the easier starting year round, there is no noticeable difference in power and MSD is probably some of the best ignition you can buy.  Bottom line is until your engine is built to the point that it needs a high performance ignition system, you won't ever know it's on there.  For stock engines, most ignition mods are a waste of money in my opinion.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its an 1986 dodge rc with a 360, 727, dana 44 front and 9.25 rear with 3.54 gears.  wat else do you need to know?

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
What size tires are you running with the 3.54s? You may need more gear if you're running oversize tires.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm currently running 33 street tires. but i have to get new tires, something with more aggressive tred.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts