Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this sort of mod? i often sleep in the back of the RC, and i hate climbing into the front to open the door.

i was thinking of some sort of pull ring to actuate the thing...

Jake

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I think MissBigBlue did that or was trying to do it, for a different reason but who cares. Never seen any results though. Up till now I never really closed my hatch shut when I slept in the rear, but that might change this summer.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I had mocked it up but never installed I used some small braided wire with a key ring installed on the inside (small hole in the lock cover) ;D

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Two options.
1 remove the cover, and leave it off.
2 drill a hole in the cover so you can pull in the release lever.

Mine had a bad lock, so I crawled in back and took the cover off. I pulled the lock out, so I can stick my finger in the lock hole to open the hatch :)

Bogie is right about a ring and pull wire/chain.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
i was thinking about this too. it seems that if you put a small wire with a hook or something there and also had an "oh shit" style handle there you could close it on yourself inside and be able to open it back up. as far as it being locked outside and opening it from inside i am lost. would that work? is it just the button that locks up or is it the whole system?

heres a tip: if you are going to have you gate open a while, but dont wanna drain the battery due to the lights...just latch the hook by hand at the sides and it will make the truck think its closed. just dont forget to push the button before you try to slam it shut or it will slam your strikers pretty good. later people....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
why not wire in an electronic trunk release.. and just put a button somewhere convenient.. or even the newer style release with the remote control. Much cleaner look.. and should be fairly simple install.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aaron, i had that same idea earlier today. i was hanging out with the import crowd again and someone was showing off his new door poppers... voila, the idea was born.

Jake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts