Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Dimension ? The number of teeth is generally stamped on the flat face at the front edge of the pinion gear.
Can you do a picture, so we're talking about the same thing ?

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The number is on the end of the pinion in this case it is 2.816, (I'm guessing that means its a +.816) Its on a value gear 4:10 for a chrysler 9 1/4. I know its used for determining the pinion depth. So RCM is that the measurement from the bearing stop on the pinion shaft to gear center?

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turbo2go said:
The number is on the end of the pinion in this case it is 2.816, (I'm guessing that means its a +.816) Its on a value gear 4:10 for a chrysler 9 1/4. I know its used for determining the pinion depth. So RCM is that the measurement from the bearing stop on the pinion shaft to gear center?
Most of the numbers I have seen did not include a whole number like the 2. Would a 2.816 actually be a +.816?

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
ok, the 2.816 you got means that the centerline of the ring gear is 2.816" from the flat face of the pinion gear You need to figure out what ya need to get that, and then do a pattern check. Those numbers don't always give you the best pattern.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts