Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the fuel inlet on my 74 RC I've got 3 lines hooked to the metal inlet. One is the fuel fill (The big one) one is a vent (3/4 inch rubber and metal) The third I have no idea Its an 1/8 inch plastic line that goes to the front of the truck (Like to a charcoal canister that I've been told here my truck didnt have) It ends about a foot short of the front bumper on the drivers side in the frame. What is this line for and can I remove and block it and still pass emisions when the time comes? I've looked at work for a charcoal canister for the RC they dont exist acording to the paper and electronic catalogs :-\ Thanx Wyatt

PS If I need to I'll get a pic tomorrow

·
7,995 Posts
Plastic line seems strange? I see 2 different charcoal canisters that may have been installed...but it appears that it was under the R/H headlamp in the engine compartment. Maybe there was a line originally on the R/H frame and it was replaced or bypassed...hard to say on a 30 year old whats been done to it. Did you ever find out about the vapor line that may have gone to the fuel filter? Is this a stock 440 with a TQ?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
If it's not going to anything in particular, capping it off won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chump said:
Plastic line seems strange? I see 2 different charcoal canisters that may have been installed...but it appears that it was under the R/H headlamp in the engine compartment. Maybe there was a line originally on the R/H frame and it was replaced or bypassed...hard to say on a 30 year old whats been done to it. Did you ever find out about the vapor line that may have gone to the fuel filter? Is this a stock 440 with a TQ?
Yes I found the vapor line this is on the drivers side away from all the other lines. As far a how stock the engine is I dont know. I know its got a Edelbrock Preformer manifold and carb. Heres a pic of the line and how its hooked up to the fuel inlet. It comes out of the frame at the front left of the truck. Right now I;ve got it pulled up and sitting on the stering column and trans linkage but it goes almost too the front bumper. (Sorry its blurry night time shot no focus posible)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Looks homemade,maybe it was used by the last owner for - um- lets call it transferring fuel.probably had an electric pump under the hood.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
my old jimmy had fuel vapour problems,i could always smell them in the cab,to repair it i added one of those canisters to the truck and no more fumes,the smell was so bad,i got a little paranoid about it and having an explosion.maybe this is the case here,because it really looks like something was added on the filler neck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts