Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
we love - LOVE - our 07 megacab Ram - the 'limo' space in back is second to none - three adults fit comfortably - two fit like 1st class, and everyone can recline a bit...but yah for moving peeps it's pretty hard to beat a minivan, and when it comes to quality Mopar is arguably near the top.

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
I agree, my 07 was one of my favorite trucks. It was so comfortable for me and my whole family.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,366 Posts
My vote would be for an old quad cab Power Wagon and then run new brake lines, fuel lines, starter, alternator, electronics, etc, and drive it. Its cheaper and just as reliable as any new truck and it will continue to up in value and appreciate with age. Just my $5.

Attachments

Reactions: jcruse64

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
My vote would be for an old quad cab Power Wagon and then run new brake lines, fuel lines, starter, alternator, electronics, etc, and drive it.
...you just described 'this' :p with little to no 'build time'...

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT SUPER CLEAN TRUCK LOW MILES THIS IS A... (craigslist.org)

or this -

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 4WD SLT Truck - cars & trucks - by dealer -... (craigslist.org)

or a Cummins with some 'miles' -

Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

and I'm not so sure about the 'cheaper' part nor 'easier to maintain'...but I'd still go for a megacab...

...but you were spot on with the 'appreciation' part ;)

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,366 Posts
My suggestion is a pipe dream anyways - good luck finding a 70's crew cab out there. One would have better luck at finding gold at the end of a rainbow.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Really if your truck is as sweet and clean as you say, I would really try to just keep it. How easy will it be to replace? Frankly Ive owned a mini van for decades and not only can you pile in 7 people, but they hold a TON of stuff, and can tow around 3-4k pound trailer. Ive had them loaded with garden tractors, motorcycles, plywood, lumber, and many more things. My newest is a '17 grand caravan GT and its even quite a looker in dark red, with blackout trim. Oh and just under 300hp to boot.. If you can swing a extra car, thats what I would [did] do.

·
Registered
1988 Ramcharger W150, 318, 4-speed; 2008 Sebring Convertible; 2015 Challenger Shaker SCATPack 392 A8
73 Posts
Get a 15 Passenger Van and buy a trailer, we used them to haul inmates around the state for grass cutting details with 2 zero turn mowers and weed eaters on the trailer. That should be sufficient to haul anything that you may encounter for dirt biking or atv'ing, plus with a 15 passenger van you'll have room to keep adding on to the family. Ram even has a solution for you.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Cloud Sky

Reactions: Lzed and neil4224

·
Registered
696 Posts
'95 up on the extended cab could haul 5 adults. I know, I had one for years, and would haul 5 to lunch many times per week for a while. These were not nearly as bad as the pre-95 extended cabs, where you literally stuff two passengers in the back jump seats. 98 up had even more room than my 95.

·
Registered
81 Posts
God call. Family requires that we sometimes do what we need to do but maybe don't want to, but if we can accomplish both that's a good day. You don't have to do what we all do and look back thinking, "Why did I get rid of that?"

21 - 31 of 31 Posts