Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about trying to pick up an OEM limited slip for my '84 RC. I see you can usually get them for $80 - $200 in like new condition from eBay, but these are for newer trucks like 2000ish Ram 1500 or durangos. As long as they're 9.25" units, will they still fit?

-Dan

·
Registered
29,688 Posts
they have the tone ring for the ABS on them / l mean its 9 1/4 is a 9 1/4 / it should fit but l,m not sure

·
Registered
810 Posts
You should be fine. They made some changes starting in 1984, so it looks like you just made the cutoff.

G

·
Moparman440 said:
You should be fine. They made some changes starting in 1984, so it looks like you just made the cutoff.
Well, not really. Those changes (thicker c-clips) were mid year 84. You will probably need to find out if you have the thick or thin c-clips. In some cases, it might make a difference.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yeah, PrimerGray, you are correct. I thought about that after I posted. Damn those pesky mid-year changes :mad:. Does anyone know what the two thickness are so he can open it up and measure? Also, a guy at Auburn told me that it is not a big deal to modify an early model to put into into a late model, but I don't know about the other way around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts