Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seller says they have a couple cracks and I kinda doubt them being the mythical Bush Wacker flares from way back when. I can't decide if they look period correct, something close from 90s or maybe spec'd for a van. They look any kind of familiar to any body??

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Interesting roof rack design making use of the front and rear gutters. I've never seen that done before.

·
Registered
582 Posts
those are the Bushwackers....I had a NIB pair (don't remember if it was front or rear) that I sold to a guy on here a few years back. I originally purchased them at least a decade ago on ebay and held onto them looking to complete the set and never had luck.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,683 Posts
I've seen those flares before also.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those are the Bushwackers....I had a NIB pair (don't remember if it was front or rear) that I sold to a guy on here a few years back. I originally purchased them at least a decade ago on ebay and held onto them looking to complete the set and never had luck.
Well then, road trip. Recall what ya sold ‘‘em for?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well then, road trip. Recall what ya sold ‘‘em for?

I just went thru my old messages and emails...I bought them in 2006 on ebay from a guy in Eugene Oregon, then sold them to a guy in New Jersey (who's a member here)

·
Registered
715 Posts
For the price this guy is asking, I'm grabbing them. If as nice as they look, goin on the RC. If not, on the plow truck. Having been extinct for 2-3 decades I'm curious about WIW.
Me too a pretty penny maybe? I like them. Look well fitted on these rigs, unlike most that you see people do.

Neil

·
Super Moderator
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So somebody should make a template of those and repop em
I'll need to hop over to the 3d printing thread. If legit BWs, explains why ya can't find em - thin-ish molded plastic kinda like current day window vent shades.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Chicken wire makes an excellent mold for fiberglass. You can also make ABS repops by using a sheet of plastic in a heated vacuum chamber.

I knew a guy who used to vacuum form lexan with a hair dryer and shop vac.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts