Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got to see an owner's manual for a 1974 4x4 Ramcharger that had some great, but borderline dangerous instructions with illustrations (for a manufacturer publication) for rocking the truck free while offroading, etc.

I thought this was so hysterical that I picked up what I presume to be a later model owners manual, however it doesn't have anything nearly like what I saw in the '74 edition.  Liability issues I guess.

Does anyone have a copy or scan of this they can share?  Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Somewhere I have the Owner's Manual for my '74 W200, but I don't think it would be the same since the pickups were still part time 4WD that year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you've got an "offroading tips" or similar section in your owner's manual it would be great to see.  The image as I recall is a guy standing next to a Ramcharger, holding the roof to shake it free with step by step instructions.

The manual I have is from a '76 I believe, has convertible assembly diagram, but no offroad tips section.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a few scanned pages from the Operation section.  I recall some really great rocking diagrams in the '74 version, this mentions rocking the vehicle but I believe it is abridged.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
What's  the deal with uncapping the batteries' electrolyte reservoirs when jumpstarting? Were the batteries totally unvented? (And if so, why didn't they explode under regular use?)

And how does driving with the tailgate down cause carbon monoxide poisoning?? It's a little lighter than air, so I could see it pooling slightly under the tailgate when the truck is stopped... but it seems like a reach to say that it's getting to the cab from there.

Also, I like the warning about putting the tailgate up if people are riding in the back. I used to do that! :)

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
There is a low pressure area (vacuum) at the back of every vehicle.  Vehicles like a Ramcharger with a large rear face will have a much larger low pressure area.  With an opening, the exhaust fumes will be sucked into the vehicle.  It's the same thing with a pickup when you have the rear sliding window open and it sucks leaves out of the bed into the cab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.